Unofficial Mills

Official Chappers and Dave

John

Surely if there had been a genuine problem, with a BBC employee behaving in a way likely to get himself in that kind of situation, the BBC would have kept quiet about it pending any possible embarrasing developments - as it was, they made a big thing of it, which makes me believe it was all part of the script. Scott Mills relies very heavily on those. And it works, his show is damn funny.

I didnt hear Scott mention it on his show I heard it on Moyles when he phoned Scott up one morning and woke him up and he was saying about it then. I know Scott relies on the scripted thing but still. Anyway think the show, Scott and Laura are wicked but that Chapman just eminates dislikeability. (is that a word??? It is now)

I do know what you mean about Chappers, but I still think its a deliberate characterization - you've got your pleasant, funny, sweet, slightly bumbling gay lead, you're got the bubbly air-head (which I'm sure she is absolutely not) blonde pretty girl, and you've got the oafish chauvinist pig type. All three are characters.

Why do people have such a passion of hating radio presenters? And yet even when they hate them they still listen. It's beyond me. Even more confusing is that Chappers, Laura and Scott are what the site is about and yet still people register despite not liking them. Chappers is practically the Scott Mills show as much as Scott is.

I don't hate them, I love them......and also, in case anyone misunderstands, I'm not saying that there is nothing of the real people in the "characters" as I presented it, of couse it is presumably basically them, their personalities (except I suspect Laura is a lot smarter than they present her) - just exaggerated, like a caricature. I have always liked Chappers, from when he used to be on breakfast.

Why do people have such a passion of hating radio presenters? And yet even when they hate them they still listen.

No-one said anything about hating anyone. And they listen because the 'actual' presenter has talent and makes an amusing enjoyable show and because of this they join a fan site to communicate with other listeners to discuss ALL aspects of the show good AND bad. Surely thats what these fan sites are really about isn't it?

As with anything there are the odd bits and pieces that wind people up but in essence the whole thing is great. Its like i listen to Moyles every morning and it cracks me up, blo*dy hilarious and love the show to bits even bought the book, but i dont like Rachel the producer, doesn't mean i hate the show does it.

Yeah you're right Mary. Laura's just as funny in real life but she does things to provoke reactions on the show. It wouldn't be a radio show if they didn't do that. Just like Moyles, as he reveals a lot of it is an act. Laura gets a lot of love when people meet her off-air, I think they expect her to be just like she is on the radio!

No, I take your point Sir Talbot. But in essence, where as Rachel may wind you up on the Chris Moyles show, it's not the same as finding Chappers annoying. Rachel isn't on-air as much, whereas Chappers appears in every link.

Without sounding like a lick, I like Chappers. Naturally I am going to as I like the show a lot. But I don't agree with much of what he says, but I like how he provides the balance, and disagrees with Scott. The show is quite boring when they both agree with each other.

No-one said anything about hating anyone. And they listen because the 'actual' presenter has talent and makes an amusing enjoyable show and because of this they join a fan site to communicate with other listeners to discuss ALL aspects of the show good AND bad. Surely thats what these fan sites are really about isn't it?

As with anything there are the odd bits and pieces that wind people up but in essence the whole thing is great. Its like i listen to Moyles every morning and it cracks me up, blo*dy hilarious and love the show to bits even bought the book, but i dont like Rachel the producer, doesn't mean i hate the show does it.

Absolutely. There are people here though who take any criticism of The Show and The People very personally though. Sometimes it can resemble a temple rather than a fan site.

Sure, we focus more on the positives than the negatives. But why would we want to moan about a show we like so much? I spend enough time listening to the show each day as it is, than to have the time to moan about it! Of course I encourage people to bring their views to the site, but some moans sound more like a broken record than something worthy of discussing.

You guys seem to take it just as personally though. We smile at the idea of Chappers being kicked off One Night With Laura, as it's a joke, and leave it at that. We don't look at it in such depth as you two just have.

Jono, you are missing my point my old pal. I made a comment about why is Chapman the way he is, an example being the one night with laura episode. MaryMary replied to it (as is usual on forums). Then you say why do people register when they hate the presenters. I said i dont but surely the forum is to discuss good and bad. MaryMary agreed. Full stop. It wasn't that in depth to me, especially when there are threads on here with tons of pages to them, thats more in depth i reckon. This thread has 2 pages, hardly War and Peace.

I think if you read the posts again you will see that they make sense.