Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's output is terrible this Xmas

Jono

A lot of it has sounded incredibly unprofessional over the Christmas period. I could cope with it being just not very good, or not to my taste - but the production values have hit rock bottom and the product is so sub-standard. Radio 1 should be made aware that this really isn't good enough. Whoever it was earlier who said they were thinking of complaining, please do so, they really shouldn't be allowed to think that this kind of standard is ok.

He was alright working with Chappers and Dave, but it's obvious he's struggling with the pre-records. We knew that from the other day, yet no one has helped him out.

Surely the bloke could play some sort of bed or music to play between the end of his report and the song. I know they do that with the podcasts in the morning. It's just "Radio 1 newsbeat we're back in an hour..." and then silence.

Ho hum, back to my music.

It could be clips from Unofficial Mills or the podcast.

They left all the "do that again" and "right take two" bits from Rhys on the show as well, that's really bad.

Still, don't they have technical standards to adhere to? I don't think it's on to broadcast large quanties of horribly over-compressed audio - in fact I will probably turn over to R2 because the under-waterness is making me feel a bit queasy.

I agree this show is below standard. If it wasn't for New Year's Day I don't think they could get away with it. I was expecting them to use the original material rather than recordings on shows. The fact they left the cock-ups in and the lack of editing the original time checks out was bad too.

If dead air is bad, then being late is worse. He seems to have mis-timed again and we had a mash-up of the R1 news 'out' jingle, him saying "Radio 1" and then a sweeper kicking in whilst he was speaking and playing over the top of R1 news out. Clip - what a mess!:*

I don't think Mr. Dudley will be too happy come tomorrow morning. :-p

Well it was pretty bad the other day, and yet he's back today. I feel sorry for him, he's an alright presenter. It just seems he's struggling button pushing and timing.

The 6.30 reporter wasn't as bad. She almost got there, but still hit the music.

• 3 years later...