Unofficial Mills

All change for Weekend Breakfast

matt_32510

Fearne and Reggie - A good replacement for Spoony?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Fearne and Reggie - A good replacement for Spoony?

• Yes
    • No

Spoony had one decent show in the time he was at Radio 1 and that was that Soulful house show he did on Saturday nights into Sunday Morning but that was axed ages ago.

As for his replacement i hate to say it but the way Radio 1 do there scheduling, i wont be suprised if it is Reggie and/or Fern

take control

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I used to get that special "Jumping discount" that means you don't have to pay a penny for entry and we used to try as hard as we could to get locked in and hide. One day we found out the names of every ride operator and kiosk attendant and at the end of the day went into the staff bar and whenever anyone asked us what we were doing there, we'd say "Oh we're with...." stayed behind for 2 hours..till we got chucked out and banned.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

My friends and I used to get that special "Jumping discount" that means you don't have to pay a penny for entry and we used to try as hard as we could to get locked in and hide. One day we found out the names of every ride operator and kiosk attendant and at the end of the day went into the staff bar and whenever anyone asked us what we were doing there, we'd say "Oh we're with...." stayed behind for 2 hours..till we got chucked out and banned.

Ah you found the numerous and massive holes in the perimeter fence too then ;)

It went downhill when they started charging £15 just to get in, rather than the system they had for a few years where you paid £1.99 to get in, then paid about £6 for an unlimited ride wristband, or for ride tokens.

Also when they got skycoaster (basically a huge swing really)... and charged £15 a pop to go on it. I used to know quite a few people who worked there, people from school including some of the various people inside the Rocky the Racoon suit over the years :)

Closest to working for them I got was when I worked on the signs for Skycoaster when doing work experience with a signmakers company.

Actually I went on that thing once. It was very good fun but I went up with a mate of mine so we paid £7.50 each. Fine except she screamed in my ear the whole time we were on it.

I also went on it once, didn't think it worth paying extra for though I can see they only charged to try and prevent massive queues. Wasn't overly impressed by it to be honest.

Perhaps it's compensation for her losing Top of the Pops :D

Ben Cooper, Head of Mainstream Radio 1 said: "This is a key show for Radio 1 and Fearne and Reggie are total stars. I believe we now have the best weekend line-up in music radio in the country."

"Spoony has done a great job for the station and with his passion for sport matching his passion for music he has got an amazing career ahead of him and we wish him all the best."

I have to disagree with Ben. I feel local radio is starting to be a good alternative to Radio 1's Weekends. The chart show isn't worth listening to, as JK and Joel are wasted there, and only worth listening to for Scott once a full moon, and Vernon is alright if the radio is actually on. Chappers and Dave are the only spark to weekends.

Has any one actually seen a 'we love Fearne and Reggie' topic on message boards?