Unofficial Mills

Colin and Edith

Guest Spike

I agree, could be Sara Cox. But you dont understand being a Mark & Lard fan, no matter who replaces them you have somthing against them. It's hard to explain as stupid as it sounds. But i'll give you a hand with anything you want (cos im nice like that). And dont mind Helen, she means no harm. She's just caught with the disease, like i am in a way. I think people blame the Radio 1 bosses for them leaving. But you could see they was getting bored with the playlist. I mean i agree with them that they were too old for it. But I reckon they should spend another year or 2 apart and then go back to Radio 1 and do the nighttime slot as they used to in the early 90's in John Peels place. John took a shine to Mark and Lard and they had similar tastes in music, so I think he would of liked it that way.

By the way, I dont know how much of this is true. But Mark & Lard did a chat with the sun, and they said that they wanted Colin & Edith to replace them. http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,7-2004550916,00.html

Hi Mark and Lard. I was wondering if you ever listen to your afternoon show replacements Colin and Edith?

Bryony, Fulham

Mark - I honestly don't listen to Radio 1 anymore - I feel we have outgrown it as listeners and that was another reason we had to stop working there.

But the first time I heard Colin and Edith together I was driving with my wife and we both really enjoyed the show.

I remember coming back to Lard and saying: "These two are really good, if we ever leave they'd be great to take our place."

But you dont know what you can belive from the Sun...

on the grid.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sending it straight to the creators of the site this is what ive put so far.....

hey as you probably are aware there is a fan site set up for scott called unofficial mills.and we would like to tell you how disturbed we are that you are making such petitions as this it is not up to you how radio one is run.

Although some of the discussions we have on the forums are about how scotts shows can be improved this is because scott is aware of this site and supports us 100% and does take our thoughts into account.

anymore ideas?

twitter.com/emgreatorex

No I think that will do. Just let them know that Scott is a way talented better DJ than them. And they are not fit enough to replace the people they took over from.

I just thought you were gonna send it biggedybong then because you asked me for a link n i got mixed upabout where you were sending it.

on the grid.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Even for the older Radio 1 listeners (of which there are still quite a few) Scott’s show doesn’t feel quite right.  (That’s nothing on Scott who sounds good but more the station sound and content). Since moving to Capital Breakfast I haven’t been listening to much Radio 1.  I always found the shows outside of Breakfast and Drive more wallpaper due to my working day and the show content of RMC and Dean and Vicky so Capital is just background noise to me after enjoying Breakfast.
    • I love Scott but if you're a 20 or 30 something that enjoyed his last few years of Radio 1 the Radio 2 show just doesn't translate. Stars from Neighbours or 90s singers just aren't my cup of tea and I can't get enthused about some has been at Radio 2 in the Park or some country music countdown.  Until that changes I will probably more likely listen to Matt and Mollie.  The Steve Wright fans think Radio 2 has turned into Radio 1 but it has a long way to go to win over the older R1 audience. 
    • Radio 2 brought in Scott to bring the afternoon audience age down, but I feel with Matt and Mollie replacing Dean and Vicky they're going to be competing for a similar audience. Will Scott's show evolve to bring in more listeners or do you think they will be comfortable with the audience they currently have?
    • Yes I'm the same with 6Music. Huw Stephens offers something different. 
    • They are an answer. I do listen to 6 Music quite a bit but kind of feel like it isn’t for me unlike the New Music Fix Daily, Huw Stephens who I’d happily listen to. Think it’s a generational thing and music preference. But it’s like how 1 Xtra cut down Snoochie Shy’s nightly show to just Monday and with Wednesday and Thursday with just playlist programme. I just miss the days of having more choice of that time of night.
    • Practically speaking, Riley & Coe on 6Music is the answer to that problem - but I get your overall point.
    • Yes and thats the huge selling point after 6pm as always has been in the evening. As when I started listening to radio 1 about eleven twelve years ago its the station that got me into music new and familiar artists and bands. I think the issue with a lot of the new music shows being crammed in length of the shows and not all is live there’s less chance for a presenter to tell you about the band or artist or have the impression of chatting to the listener by reading out texts and emails or including voice notes. I’m really enjoying Jack Saunders’ new music show as thats how you do a show like that on Radio 1 good mix of genres but from 10pm onwards you don’t have the presenter chatting to the listener or that live feel as sometimes you need at that time.
    • Given one of yesterday’s ‘bangers’ was Noah Kahan’s Stick Season, I doubt it.
    • No chart show on the 24th May because of Big Weekend.
    • How has it been working early mornings as a parent, Chris? Is it harder to juggle than the 1-4 slot?
    • I still think Dua Lipa could make the line-up. She's in the Live Lounge soon. Would be a scoop if they had two of the key Glastonbury performers.
    • Is the three bangers after nine idea meant to compete with Ten Minute Takeover? 
    • Connor Coates is in for Charlie Hedges on Saturday 18th May. Kerrie Cosh is in for Jess on Sunday 19th May.
    • But if Radio 1's big selling point is new music it's strange. Clara fell a bit flat in comparison to her predecessors because she wasn't shaped in the same way as Annie or Zane.
    • Yellowcard. Simple Plan. Obie Trice.