Unofficial Mills

Should shops open on Easter Sunday?

Jono

Well... I like to shop at odd times. And I have nothing to eat here except chocolate, because I'm disorganised and forgot to go shopping yesterday. I have no bread and it definitely won't be a roast for me because I have nothing to roast, more to the point I can't actually cook. Not entirely sure what I'll eat, as I don't really have time to go food shopping till next weekend... I guess I'll make time.

When I was in Toronto, I loved being able to go out and grab a sandwich at 3am if I wanted to. But I wouldn't personally want to work in a 24 hour shop, so I guess I'm just being selfish. I think shops should have the option of opening today though, if their staff are prepared to work. I might go out and see if anything's open... Croydon is a shopping town, not much else here, so something must be open. I went out on Christmas day and was amazed to find everything shut, even the station, it's the one day a year the station closes. I'd hate to live in the countryside...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Lush? As in that place that reeks of soap about a mile off? There's one in London Victoria Station next to the International Cheese Shop, and it actually makes the whole area of the station stink, and it's suffocating. There's one in Croydon now too. I've never been in there, the smell is too strong... I might go out and look for some bread though (obviously not in Lush).

Lush? As in that place that reeks of soap about a mile off? There's one in London Victoria Station next to the International Cheese Shop, and it actually makes the whole area of the station stink, and it's suffocating. There's one in Croydon now too. I've never been in there, the smell is too strong... I might go out and look for some bread though (obviously not in Lush).

Yep thats the one!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Lol. I found a convenience store that was open, and I got a microwave roast.. I feel like such a loner! There was also a noodle bar open. I didn't quite go into the town centre, so I don't know what else was open, but there weren't as many people about. Quite a lot of cars on the flyover though, so they might have been going to Purley Way where the big Ikea type shops are, I'd imagine they'd be open.