The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Chris D

Scott's Chart Show - Updated Imaging

A thought just occurred to me. Who will cover the chart now when Scott is ill or on holiday? Do we think MistaJam will continue to be the main cover or is it possible Greg could cover? Might be stepping on Scotts toes a bit if he did.
  3. Dan18F1

Schedule Changes

Alice is off on the 30th and 1st of July so Dev is doing Breakfast solo. She’s still doing the Friday show though.
  4. Last week
  5. Tea20

Schedule Changes

Ah, the old Wednesday night Matt Edmondson Show. I miss it too, it was the first radio show that I made sure that I didn't miss each week. Still one of the best things I've ever heard. Dev has been sounding good covering the 8th recently – still entertaining without the I-want-the-whole-universe-to-hear-me shouting. He makes the show much more listenable.
  6. Tea20

Friday is now the weekend

After hearing the trails over the last week (the Queen Alice Levine one is particularly good), I caught the end of Dev and Alice’s show then bits of the other shows throughout the day on Friday. First time I’ve heard Dev and Alice together and thought they worked well together however I didn’t hear enough of it to catch any features or compare it to Grimmy’s show. Maya was alright I guess, she wasn’t annoying this time and I didn’t notice any technical problems. She had a few anecdotes to tell and didn’t have any one to interrupt. No worse and no better than a Clara show to be honest. Glad that greatest hits didn’t run for the full 3 hours – hopefully this is the start of it being phased out either completely or at least to an acceptable level. Of course, this show should really have been Jordan’s. Matt and Mollie were as good as ever and Mollie sounds more comfortable on air now. In reply to other’s comments about the jokes in the songs coming up bit – I like this part of the show, it is very Matt Edmondson however it works better with his delivery than it does with Mollie’s. Scott sounded great on the chart – best chart show I’ve heard for a while. All in all good to have something different at breakfast (and to have Alice on an extra day), 10-1 was nether better or worse, Matt was as good as always and it was good to hear Scott doing the chart. I do wonder, however, how relevant is Mollie King these days? Does she have a big following and which age group are they targeting with her?
  7. Tea20

Yet more new presenters!

Looking forward to Jack's show - he was always enthusiastic about introducing listeners to to new bands when he was on X.
  8. Graeme

Can anyone get the homepage to the forums fixed?
  9. bensteele

Not sure this "Friday is the weekend" thing was actually means tested but I could be wrong. As alluded to above, Friday is just a workday for many people & this just creates confusion, particularly with the Weekend Breakfast show on a Friday. Inconsistent & weeeeirdddd. I'd love to see Cooper properly shake the schedule up, I do think a significant amount of R1's output seems rather half-arsed and some new blood to replace the likes of Matt Edmondson would be simply delightful, particularly if the replacement was someone like Jordan or Maya (or both?!)
  10. Chris D

I prefer Gregs version. It held the tension better. And I agree with the above. I'll give him chance to get into it though.
  11. bensteele

Sounds a bit.. 2012..... quite nicely done, actually. But only quite. The stinger FX (?) lacks the oomph it did in the 2015 refresh. And, no disrespect to him, but Scott sounds incredibly rushed and voiceovery. Eek. I wanted to love this, I promise.
  12. Real or No Real returns once again for a Chris Stark Stag special! With Clara, shame it wasn't Charlie Sloth or Greg. I miss their on-air interactions, they were always really funny.
  13. forde52

Delicious Digital have done the refresh, I’m sure they’ll have something up soon! I wasn’t sure at first but after listening a few times It has grown on me. Would be nice to hear some clean cuts though!
  14. murste

I prefer the imaging Greg had - this update seems like a watered down version of the same package. I doubt Delicious Digital had any involvement in this refresh, I'd say the in-house R1 production team just updated what they got first time around.
  15. So Scott began his Official Chart run from Friday, with a re-work of the imaging from Delicious Digital - no versions on their website or SoundCloud yet it seems. What do we all think? I prefer the old ones I must say. These feel a bit soft for a show as big as the chart. Anyone got any clean edits of the imaging?
  16. OohErr

I'd say it was the opposite - the weekend breakfast show feels a lot more formatted and planned than the weekday one, and this carried over to Friday. It sounded like the bulk of the show had been planned the afternoon before, whereas breakfast shows should feel slightly more spontaneous. I think anyway. Really? I love that bit, the slightly lame jokes always make me laugh. For me, Matt Edmondson's best work is his scripted stuff. I also noticed with the Greatest Hits Without the Greatest Hits that they changed up all the jingles so that it was still the Greatest Hits stuff, but without the voiceover that said it was Greatest Hits. Confusing? 11:18 right now, looks like they've gone back to the normal playlist again.
  17. murste

Didn't hear much of Dev and Alice but even they acknowledged how strange it is calling it "Weekend Breakfast" on a Friday when most normal people are going to work/school/college like any other weekday. For people who listened, was the format as loose as the weekend show or did it feel like a weekday breakfast show? Matt and Mollie - they do seem to genuinely get on but from the bit I heard, I wasn't that impressed. Their content seems so forced, they did a link of what music is coming up and did things like "Len Goodman's favourite song" for Seven by Catfish and the Bottlemen - I cringed. When you're so used to listening to Scott and Chris at that time on a Friday, they just seem like such a downgrade. Still listenable. Scott - not much to say, he's brilliant on the chart and sounds so at home. You could tell how much he was enjoying it. Usually don't listen to the chart and tune in for Dance Anthems but had to listen for Scott's first - he sounded great on DA too. Maya - this might be an unpopular opinion on here but I think she's brilliant. Ok technically there's still room for improvement but she has great personality and her content links were pretty good I think, much more entertaining than Clara whose show seems to revolve around "that was, this is" type of links apart from the Live Lounge. Maya's top of hour bits are good and I think there's huge potential with her, I see why Ben Cooper is pushing her into more prominent slots. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see her eventually take the 10-1 slot permanently. I was a bit confused to hear the Greatest Hits stop just after 11 - I think 3 hours is too much anyway but might make more sense to have the Greatest Hits dispersed more evenly throughout the show instead of going full-on between 10 and 11 and then basically just going back to the normal playlist for the rest of the show.
  18. Darren m

The Official Chart with Scott Mills

I agree not a fan on dev and Alice still though don't think they are good enough for fri,breakfast but il give them a few weeks mouths before I give up
  19. murste

Scott was sounding great - his presenting style is perfect for the chart. The new imaging is fine but it's just a refresh of a (in my opinion) better package Greg had. I like the fact they're including celebrity chats again, at least it's a bit of content amid the "that was no.21, here's no.20". Dance Anthems - so glad it's staying and Scott was sounding great on that too. One thing I wasn't a fan of was the quite awkward chat with a listener about their plans for Friday night. They should drop that I think. Overall, great start for Scott and good to have him back on Radio 1 on a Friday evening!
  20. vorti

Schedule Changes

Oh yes*, I love all of these, but couldn't name them all even if I tried. I can add one though: the fake BBC Three promos which always sounded real for a few moments, and these "shows" were always hosted by the same "former Atomic Kitten member", that was where I always lost it. Saved a few episodes back then, I might give them a listen when I can. *YAAAAAAASS!
  21. vorti

I managed to have a short listen to almost every show yesterday. I like both Alice and Dev, it was lovely to hear them, but it was confusing listening to a show called Weekend Breakfast on a Friday on my way to work. I can only imagine how confused those were who get up to the radio each morning. (Even Annie used the word "confusing" on her chat with Scott later that evening, around 43 minutes into Dance Anthems.) Then my confusion hit a new level with the Greatest Hits show stopped being Greatest Hits halfway through. I really don't know what to say about it... the team must've been drunk or... idk. Also Maya was just awkward and annoying as always. Sadly, I missed Matt & Mollie, but I trust them, seemed like a fitting show for Friday afternoons. And the chart was... well... The Chart. But with Scott. He sounded like this was his dream, so I'm happy for him. I'm not a "chart person" myself, but at least he's still on 5 days a week. And Dance Anthems stays, that's also a plus. I think they will get rid of this "Friday is weekend" brand as silently as they can in a few months, but no later than Greg's breakfast debut. He will be on Monday-Friday, I call it.
  22. OohErr

It appears that Greatest Hits has once again just become... Hits. As of about 11:20. Like yesterday. Weird.
  23. Chris D

Really like Matt and Mollie, they work so well together. Quite liked "Mollie in the mix" at the end of the show.
  24. Chris D

Didn't get to hear all of the chart, but from what I did hear it was very good. He sounds so enthusiastic about it and the format is good. I wonder how long it'll be before it reverts to the same old chart that Greg was doing every week, without any of the celebrity phone calls. The new imaging is ok, I like that they've kept hints of the previous one but I don't think its quite as good. Also, it looks like Greg retains the Chart Update on Mondays as well! From what I heard of Dance Anthems, that was sounding good too! He referenced that it was good to be back doing the show (although under a different name).
  25. I always remember her first show back with Scott and Chris. One of the most awkward things I've ever listened to.
  26. Article on BuzzFeed: www-buzzfeed-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/markdistefano/bbc-radio-1-has-twice-apologised-to-staff-over-the-maya?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fmarkdistefano%2Fbbc-radio-1-has-twice-apologised-to-staff-over-the-maya Doesn't look like she's a popular person up on the eighth floor... This quote was particularly interesting: I'd imagine this was for two reasons: from an appearance perspective, it's more difficult to fire someone after three months than to fire someone before they even start, and also Radio 1 have placed a bet on her star continuing to rise and them hanging on the coat tails of that - if they cut her loose now, someone else will sign her up. She's much more of a name than Logan Sama, so they can't afford to let go of her. I guess this explains why she was put on holiday for so long.
  1. Load more activity