New Radio 1 Website

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed the new Radio 1 and 1Xtra website? BBC Radio appear to have refreshed all of the radio homepages to bring them all in line with each other.

Started an ignored thread on this the day it was released. 

It lacks imagination, the logos look odd and it doesn't fit with the BBC header as well. All shows have lost individual personality, and we can only see the last three songs played. I feel like it works well for BBC Local stations, but R1 & 1Xtra needs special attention on their web presence if they want to stay ahead of the crowd. 

Monitoring the Twitter response to it; seems overwhelmingly positive. 

The BBC said in a blog post that this was to unify the BBC stations under the same look, which hasn't fully happened before this AFAIK.

On 5/2/2016 at 2:22 PM, radioanorak said:

Started an ignored thread on this the day it was released. 

Ahh.. apologies for that, I've just seen it! I don't know how I missed that one, I did check as well!

One thing I have noticed is that behind the new multi-coloured background you can see a blurred image of the currently on-air DJ! 

What's going on with the "DJs & Shows" photos? It looks like they're guest stars on the Love Boat (whoo)

On 05/05/2016 at 8:25 PM, forde52 said:

One thing I have noticed is that behind the new multi-coloured background you can see a blurred image of the currently on-air DJ! 

Also interesting to note is that the iPlayer Radio logo is now all-white - the colour, I'm not typing in Danny Dyer speech ;)