Unofficial Mills

Moyles Vs. Kennedy

James R

Chris Moyles denies making radio host Sarah Kennedy 'cry' with F-word rant at Wogan bash

Controversial Radio One mouth piece Chris Moyles has denied sparking a fresh radio row after it was claimed he made a Radio 2 rival cry at a send off for Terry Wogan.

Moyles supposedly sparked the 'foul-mouthed' row after allegedly aiming his jibes at Radio 2 morning host DJ Sarah Kennedy at the send off. But now the host says his remarks were nothing more than 'light hearted banter'.

His supposed remarks came as he paid homage to his breakfast rival Sir Terry Wogan at a lunch to mark his exit from his long-standing Radio 2 breakfast slot.

As he took to the microphone, Moyles said: 'I am very nervous doing this because this is probably the first time Terry has ever heard me, ever.'

Then turning his attack on radio veteran Kennedy he was quoted saying: 'Actually, saying that Sarah Kennedy is on before him, [so] there's a good chance he might f****** tune in.'

He then reportedly mimicked a face of a drunk person.

Moyles' 'slight' follows previous accusations that Kennedy has slurred her words on her early bird show which she put down to having a bad cold.

Following the lunch in London, Kennedy, 59, was reportedly spotted crying.

But a BBC spokeswoman defended Moyles, denying the malicous claims.

'This was a celebration for Terry and it was a lively event with lots of light hearted banter and jokes between presenters throughout the lunch', said the spokeswoman.

And Kennedy denied she even heard Moyles's verbal assault.

'I am used to it, it is showbusiness.'

Noel Edmonds, Tony Blackburn, Chris Tarrant and John Humphrys were among the other stars who turned out to see off Wogan.

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/805891-moyles-denies-making-kennedy-cry

james_ryder.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Is big weekend the only place to get long boi merch? It's sold out! I'd love to have got my hands on some. 
    • Considering the price of some festival event for a small portions can be pricey but it isn’t too bad that could get it with chips and other roast dinner bits. I think when you are billed as a touring high profile DJ there’s always a risk of playing out familiar tracks from other artists in the mix. Especially on a line-up with Chase and Status and Rudimental who will be playing pretty much all tracks written, produced and released as their DJing names.   
    • Matt & Mollie I believe (and on the radio occassional studio bits from Jack Saunders, Sam & Danni and Maia Beth).
    • Obvs - Scott 2-4 and Trevor Nelson are also in 82A
    • Who presented Party Anthems on stage?
    • Lots of adverts for Matt and Mollie around the place, alongside the rest of the weekday lineup, but no mention of Dean and/or Vicky. Although I notice those two are doing the photobooth today, as is Danny Beard…
    • Yesterday was excellent pretty much all day. You can tell a lot of work has gone into the festival and the set up was really good. The ground is fine for anyone worried, I wore old trainers and they’re still fine today.    Merchandise is available for some high prices. If you’re going for Longboi merch get it early as they sold out within the first couple of hours.    The photo booth is also good and we met Vick, Katie and Jamie for a few seconds and got a photo. If you’re doing this get there 15-20 minutes before the advertised time as they’re only 30 minute slots. It’s right next to the main stage so you can see everything going on there from the queue anyway. Most of the acts we saw were excellent. Becky Hill and Ella Henderson were brilliant live. Rudimental and Chase and Status were absolutely incredible. Nathan Dawe wasn’t great, played 3 of his own songs then dodgy remixes of Marvin Gaye, Dolly Parton etc. Went to Dimension halfway through which was must better. Saw 15-20 minutes of Eric Prydz which wasn’t really my thing but his staging was excellent.  The DJ sets in between everything were pretty good, especially Matt and Mollie and Charlie Hedges. Sam and Danni were a welcome change as they played indie anthems for a while although I think they may have just been the pre recorded anthems they usually play on weekends (still better than Nathan Dawe). Food was good, but pricey - £15 for my main meal of roast pork, stuffing, chips and Yorkshire pudding. I was surprised they were selling multipacks of Madri and bottles of wine, especially the latter as people were walking around swigging from glass bottles in the middle of the crowd then dumping them on the floor… the rubbish was a mess at the end of the night. Probably one of the best live music events I’ve ever been to, a real credit to the station. 
    • While there were some technical issues (tracks temporarily cutting out, mics not working at first for radio listeners, 'studio team' sometimes jumping in at quite random intervals) Party Anthems on stage seemed to work well and I sort of wonder why they haven't done it before. I guess it depends on when gates open but if gates open around 1/2pm then no excuse not to do it- it's a DJ set which they have loads of across the weekend and acts as a warm-up so the crowd are hot for the first main act.
    • They mentioned on air that it's before Joel Corry's set.
    • When is the set for Greg and Tom? I’m having trouble getting on to Insta and Google is not helping.
    • Jess Iszatt is in for Jack on Monday 27th May.
    • The two larger studios either side of the Live Lounge are 82A (aka 82Mills) and 82D.  The 4 smaller ones nearby are 82B, C, E & F.  The brand new ones are nearby on the 8th floor and are 82K, L, M & N.  All of the London-based R2 and 6M shows are coming from the 8th floor, some in the new studios and some in the original ones.  Obviously there are a lot of shows that come from elsewhere in the country such as Birmingham, Salford and Cardiff, but any in London come from the 8th floor.   In terms of R1 at the moment:   82A - Greg James, Danny Howard, Jeremiah Asiamah 82B - Early Breakfast Mon-Fri, Dan P Carter, Sarah Story, Charlie Tee 82D - RMC, Going Home, Future Artists, Future Pop, Rave Up, 13.00-16.00 Fri-Sun 82E - Official Chart, Chillest Show 82F - Dance Anthems, Kenny Allstar, Indie Show 82N - New Music Show Salford - Dean & Vicky, Danny Beard, Nat O'Leary, Life Hacks Cardiff - Sam & Danni
    • Vick, Katie, Jamie, Charlie and Melvin will be on at 11am. Then Matt, Mollie, Charlie and Jamie at 1pm.