Unofficial Mills

Timmy Trendy - Bang On Trend

Viv

For those of you that thought we'd escaped a novelty 'comedy' Christmas song this year, you were very, very wrong!

Do any of you listen to Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1? Well if you do, you'll know all about Timmy Trendy. He makes appearances on the show from time to time as fashionista to the stars, making phone calls to the likes of Fearne Cotton to offer style advice and recommendations of armbands (in case you get stuck in the rain) and layers of velour... niiiice.

Now he's released a single named after his favourite phrase, Bang On Trend! And guess which true fashionista is featured in the song giving Timmy Trendy a call for help...

Sigh. Gok Wan, you should know better! Listen to the single now, we're desperate to know what you think...

Is Timmy Trendy's Bang On Trend actually bang on trend, or is it just a bit of a travesty? Will it make Christmas number one? Comments please, Sugarscapers!

http://www.sugarscape.com/tags/radio-1/440321/timmy-trendy-or-tragic-we-think-hes-awful

I think maybe they've looked too far into my Facebook campaign. It's all good promotion linking to my video though ;)

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_9m-ePVT8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_9m-ePVT8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I know its not necessarily the best song musically but I as a listener am really sad that Timmys song didnt make the playlist. Its totally silly and funny and surely just what christmas is all about!

They made all this big fuss yesterday about the playlist committee, Aled was going on about it in the morning, about how they have to represent what the listeners want...So why do they so often get it so wrong. Id have thought most of Scotts listeners like the track, so why not put Timmy trendy on one of the less frequent lists?

And even more importantly, why include on the playlist any songs from x factor and other reality show contenders? I assumed that the playlist committee had to include them, but Aled was talking yesterday about the playlist committee deciding yes or no about every track, so why not make an executive decision and ban x factor winners from the R1 chart? Then x factor couldnt be number 1 on at least one chart? BBC and ITV have spent months squabbling about ratings on saturday night, why shouldnt BBC be slightly petty about X factor, especially when the majority of musical experts dislike Simon Cowells dominance of the charts at Xmas.