Unofficial Mills

Disaster! Someone please help!!

ortonangel

Hi all!

I have a disaster of epic proportions on my hands, which I know only my fellow Scottaholics will understand..

I went away on work and left my computer switched on so that it would continue to download the podcasts while I was away. However, it appears that my computer decided to 'update' and restart itself on the first night. Aargh!! Now I am missing all the episodes after the 10th March!!

I've managed to download the last two available, the 16th and 17th of April, but I'm missing everything in between. I am feeling traumatised by this discovery. I haven't missed a podcast since 2005 (yes I know how sad that is).

If anyone out there is sympathetic to my plight and has these missing episodes, PLEEEEEASE can you email them to me

Thank you so much in advance,

Heléna

PS While I'm here, does anyone know how I can stop my computer doing the update thing again unless I ask it to?

Seeing as it seems you're on Windows (as Linux doesn't auto restart, and neither does Mac, as far as I'm aware.) just go into the Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel) and go to System and Maintenance (in Vista, not sure in XP) Then scroll to the Windows Update setting, and click it. Go to the left panel, and click on Change Settings.

Just choose whichever Radio Button that is going to suit what you need.

samozzy.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Jono,

What's the latest on updating the podcast archive? I still haven't listened to any podcasts post-March 10th, cos I know that if I start listening to the ones I have, I'll be missing out on so many in-jokes. Now I'm 3 months behind!!

Mind you, It's going to mean the most amazing mammoth catch-up session when I finally get the missing episodes, :D I have a 9-hour drive from Brighton to Edinburgh in 4 weeks - it'll be podcasts all the way!

And yes, I do know what an unbelievable saddo geek this post makes me look like. :P

Heléna