Unofficial Mills

JK and Joel - December 2005

Jono

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefer having a 5.30 news rather than a 5.00 and 5.45. Guess it's a Christmas treat. Your Call's been quite good tonight in terms of music - nothing overly special, but not all crap.

Dad just put BBC one on for the news at 6 and everyone got up and left, haha

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• When Matt covered breakfast on 22nd April, he said their new show was starting in 10 weeks, so that’d be the 1st July.
    • Would love for it to be like the Summer Friday Thing that me and @DC were remisincing about recently. Lots of events going on that could easily form part of it.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer/cardiff/thursday/1.shtml
    • I'm guessing there is also a stack of weekend events like Glastonbury
    • I think more likely it'll just be a temp presenter for weekends 1-4 to give Matt & Mollie time off, plus time to plan and pilot the new show.
    • Yeah I don’t think they’ll be anything that drastic - maybe a week or 2 of cover on early breakfast etc, but maybe just having that weekend afternoon slot covered over the summer means they can put someone on from September who maybe isn’t available until then? 
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • I wouldn't be surprised if they do this around June time: 05.00 Ore Olukoga 07.00 Greg James 10.30 RMC 14.00 VKJ  That'll probably happen (for my guess) from the 17th June. And for weekends: 07:00 Sam & Danni 11:00 Gregor Davidson 15:00 Charlie Hedges Maybe Fridays aswell: 07:00 Greg James 11:00 Gregor Davidson 14:30 Jack Saunders
    • The Summer on Radio 1 thing makes me wonder whether they might be doing something similar to last year again where they have a temporary schedule over the summer before introducing changes in September - maybe the new host won’t start until after the summer?
    • There was talk on my Big Weekend group from the council about them waiting for Ticketmaster to send an email out. They said they've been waiting a week. Maybe they're waiting for train strike confirmation first. 
    • It’s on Saturday and Friday that week too. I guess this would make sense, as it gives them roughly 6 weeks off weekends until they start the new show?
    • Yeah he's on more than usual including this Sunday and then 3 more shows in May according to the above. Makes me think it's James for the weekend shows also
    • For some reason there is 'Summer on Radio 1' listed on Sunday 2nd June, could this be replacing M&M until July?
    • They seem to be using James more for cover now makes me think it will be him getting weekends eitjer breakfast or 1 till 4 
    • Yep am very much Capital Breakfast now. Jordan, Chris and Sian are a great trio and it's got that feel of the old shows Jordan and Chris used to do on Radio 1. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is packed full of content and slick. With Greg he's great but 6 years in you've probably heard it all before plus frankly I can sit through the Capital Playlist a lot more easily than the Radio 1 playlist (where some of the inclusions and omissions can be quite baffling at times). Plus after things like the Oscars or Met Gala or if there's a particularly big TV show or film or popstar then Greg won't half wang on about it at times. I guess it's partly to be expected with it being a Breakfast show on a young station but it can feel very London bubble and get tired.