17th December to 23rd December 2007

Jono

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, I hope it's uncensored on the TV tonight.

God I feel crap. I am so fed up of speaking to my family, every night they tell me how much of a disappointment and a failure I am. Apparently I should have a full time job by now, and that I should be working in a supermarket 40 hours a week. They basically said my media work was rubbish, and said I'm not normal for not being at university, even though they discouraged me from going. *Emo tear* :(

God I feel crap. I am so fed up of speaking to my family, every night they tell me how much of a disappointment and a failure I am. Apparently I should have a full time job by now, and that I should be working in a supermarket 40 hours a week. They basically said my media work was rubbish, and said I'm not normal for not being at university, even though they discouraged me from going. *Emo tear* :(

bloody hell! jobs aren't as easy to drop into like they were years ago. you have to be different and graft your way into something you are interested in. i am involved in radio and i dj but it cant all take off as fast as i'd like. it isn't like being a doctor, you go to uni and then you are in a job. you have to graft and work very hard sometimes, you have to know how to talk to people and it's who you know not what you know above all i find. things could be worse, at least you are standing on your own two feet, so am i. we could be on the dole which is worse.

on the grid.

I feel like leaving home, they just said I'm a social outcast and should be more normal. I should be earning money for university or at university. It's rubbish. They said this website and newspaper column should be weekend work, and I should work every night that I'm offered.

They also belittled me for not going to some crap awards thing last night as I didn't want to see friends who went to university. I hadn't spoken to them since September as they didn't have the time to talk, so I didn't feel excited enough to meet them.

Urgh. It'd be alright if I could get out and go somewhere. Rubbish!

I feel like leaving home, they just said I'm a social outcast and should be more normal. I should be earning money for university or at university. It's rubbish. They said this website and newspaper column should be weekend work, and I should work every night that I'm offered.

They also belittled me for not going to some crap awards thing last night as I didn't want to see friends who went to university. I hadn't spoken to them since September as they didn't have the time to talk, so I didn't feel excited enough to meet them.

Urgh. It'd be alright if I could get out and go somewhere. Rubbish!

i'm not being funny but they shouldn't be treating you like this. whatever troubles they may have in their own life (if any) shouldn't be taken out on you. they could have someone who cant be bothered to even work and bring in their own money and then what would they say? in time you will pave your own way, you choose not to go to uni. i didn't like school and i thought it wasn't for me, so i didn't go. but there are plenty of positives, you are trying your best in media. you have been to the biggest radio station in the country, and have met people along the way. the more people you know the more chance you have. this website might open doors in web design or management, ok it isn't for profit. but it takes a lot of work and effort to handle something like this. and it looks professional and smart, as it has done for years. it's highly regarded among the ranks now, and it continues to improve. just go at your own rate like me and bollocks to what anyone else thinks.

on the grid.

They've always compared me to other kids, and I hate it. I don't do all of my media work for fun - I'd have given up my newspaper column if that's the case. I do it to make them proud, but they don't show that back. They just said I shouldn't be arsing about with that and should be working in a supermarket. That makes me feel so crap. I don't think university is the right choice for me right now, but it sounds better than being at home and putting up with being branded a failure.

I don't particularly want to be at a supermarket working my days away when I know I have some sort of talent in media. I can't show that stuck in a supermarket. Yes I'd like to have some money, but it doesn't happen that easily.

Literally the only conversation I have with my mum now is 'you should be at work' or 'you are a failure and i'm ashamed of you being my son'. Wonderful. My parents never seem to be proud of me, if I'm not above the other kids at school they don't care.

Anyyyyyywaaayyyy! Don't think I will be listening to Radio 1 this Christmas. there's nothing of much interest on this year.

They've always compared me to other kids, and I hate it. I don't do all of my media work for fun - I'd have given up my newspaper column if that's the case. I do it to make them proud, but they don't show that back. They just said I shouldn't be arsing about with that and should be working in a supermarket. That makes me feel so crap. I don't think university is the right choice for me right now, but it sounds better than being at home and putting up with being branded a failure.

I don't particularly want to be at a supermarket working my days away when I know I have some sort of talent in media. I can't show that stuck in a supermarket. Yes I'd like to have some money, but it doesn't happen that easily.

Literally the only conversation I have with my mum now is 'you should be at work' or 'you are a failure and i'm ashamed of you being my son'. Wonderful. My parents never seem to be proud of me, if I'm not above the other kids at school they don't care.

Anyyyyyywaaayyyy!

i never get that from my mum and dad, and i am greatful. what you need to remember is what would you rather have? money or happiness? you need money and to generate your own income, thats already being done. what if you went into stacking shelves full time, just think. you could of been in london instead talking to someone involved in the bbc telling you that he's got your name and he'll be in touch. or you could be putting the new issue of loaded on the shelf,.

it must be a nightmare to be told you are a faliure by people who dont understand the world what you are trying to get into and what you have already done so far, and you are still only a teenager. just keep plugging away.

on the grid.

it must be a nightmare to be told you are a faliure by people who dont understand the world what you are trying to get into and what you have already done so far, and you are still only a teenager. just keep plugging away.

What was worst was I applied for a job at the biggest newspaper here. I was only ten marks off an interview in a test I did. I was 19. Everyone else was 26. The editor rang up saying I was so close off the mark, and this was amazing for someone so young. He said I should keep at the work experience as I'd get there and he thinks I've got real talent.

My parents? They said I was rubbish for not getting the job, and said because I didn't get the job I should start working full time at Budgens. They didn't care one bit about what the editor said.

What was worst was I applied for a job at the biggest newspaper here. I was only ten marks off an interview in a test I did. I was 19. Everyone else was 26. The editor rang up saying I was so close off the mark, and this was amazing for someone so young. He said I should keep at the work experience as I'd get there and he thinks I've got real talent.

My parents? They said I was rubbish for not getting the job, and said because I didn't get the job I should start working full time at Budgens. They didn't care one bit about what the editor said.

i know it must be hard, your parents have been there all of your life. so you have to listen and respect them. but in this case you have got to put common sense first, what do your parents know about media? nothing! what does the newspaper guy know, quite a lot! the age thing in media and how long you have been doing anything goes against us all, but everyone starts somewhere. you have to take his opinion on board, and let that spur you on. although it is hard to hear such comments from people who are supposed to support and love you, which comments do you want and need ringing around your head next time you are going for something big?

on the grid.

Indeed. Well it's like this website, I don't always want to be on here every day at 4pm, but it's my project and I feel I should be here to keep it all going. It's a great achievement to have to my name, I don't really flaunt it around as my website, but like last night they mentioned me at the school awards about Unofficial Mills.

My parents wouldn't cope without me. They can't work Sky+, they can't turn on a computer, they can't check their bank, they can't order online. I do all this for them, but I'm still a failure.

Haha Sharon Osbourne was on Graham Norton's show last week saying she didn't go to the Led Zeplin gig as she was too busy wrapping presents.