Unofficial Mills

Mollie & James

ianwilk1999

I've seen James posting some show clips on his instagram. Listening back now that kind of show could easily be on weekday afternoons and better what I could listen to at this exact time. Them two together was really fun.

He's showed what a brilliant Radio 1 presenter he is. From poking fun at mollie for being late (but in an endearing way by saying how he does it too at home and we all do it) to then his humour which is very self deprecating.

His features are very creative, content is bang on target, he's naturally funny and most of all you feel like his mate. Bringing that northern relatable guy feel to the show that I think Radio 1 is very much missing. Definitely has the jordan north likeability factor.

Radio 1 would be mad not to give him his own show or one with Mollie. Seems global have taken note now, they have him on both Capital and heart (which no other presenter does) and it'd be a big loss if they got him to sign full time before Radio 1 moved.

My bet is on the next change a show for him either solo or with Mollie after this weekend.

18 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

You're inches away from saying that Dean needs to be given the boot ...

People on social media tend to favour negativity but I have honestly not seen more than a handful of people say they like Dean.  I can barely tolerate his show and that's probably mainly because I'm forced to listen to it. I used to love him on a Friday, it's just so weird.  And I absolutely love Vicky...with other people.  

They do and I hate to say it you're right, Dean just doesn't come across as popular at all and isn't that the aim of the game, to be popular to your target market? D + V are better solo.

In contrast I'm Radio 1s exact target audience and I only read on facebook, on here or on Digital spy people saying good things about James, either when he's by himself or after this weekends shows with Mollie King.

Also is it just me that thinks if you put someone like Mollie and James on afternoons you instantly put a bit of that prestigiousness back into radio 1 daytimes that it lost when Scott went? A presenter who is actually well known (Mollie) and presenter the audience clearly like and warm to and who fills the northern gap (James)