21st to 25th May 2007

Guest Unofficial Mills

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know. My friend and I were discussing it all, perhaps I told you when I was discussing it with her.

Also my friends said I sound gay. Then apparently you can have a Norfolk look. And some of us have it. Not that today has been random in anyway....

I tell you what, I saw some filth on BBC Three last night. That Tracey Beaker lass is in some naff BBC Three comedy. She was on about hand jobs and crap. It was like Two Pints of Larger, crossed with some Nickelodeon show.

Oh yes Grace. That show is brilliant. With the sex woman that reminds me of Ann Maurice off of House Doctor crossed with Gillian McKeith. I advise you all watch that... cringey but funny.

I'd be the sort of person to get the insulting cookie. It's always the same... just like when I used to be picked last at PE :(

Hahaha. Unlucky. Like the kid today who didn't realise he wasn't having an exam with his mate today, went in to the exam, sat an English exam on a completely different book. Then at the end said he didn't think that was his paper.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Lots of adverts for Matt and Mollie around the place, alongside the rest of the weekday lineup, but no mention of Dean and/or Vicky. Although I notice those two are doing the photobooth today, as is Danny Beard…
    • Yesterday was excellent pretty much all day. You can tell a lot of work has gone into the festival and the set up was really good. The ground is fine for anyone worried, I wore old trainers and they’re still fine today.    Merchandise is available for some high prices. If you’re going for Longboi merch get it early as they sold out within the first couple of hours.    The photo booth is also good and we met Vick, Katie and Jamie for a few seconds and got a photo. If you’re doing this get there 15-20 minutes before the advertised time as they’re only 30 minute slots. It’s right next to the main stage so you can see everything going on there from the queue anyway. Most of the acts we saw were excellent. Becky Hill and Ella Henderson were brilliant live. Rudimental and Chase and Status were absolutely incredible. Nathan Dawe wasn’t great, played 3 of his own songs then dodgy remixes of Marvin Gaye, Dolly Parton etc. Went to Dimension halfway through which was must better. Saw 15-20 minutes of Eric Prydz which wasn’t really my thing but his staging was excellent.  The DJ sets in between everything were pretty good, especially Matt and Mollie and Charlie Hedges. Sam and Danni were a welcome change as they played indie anthems for a while although I think they may have just been the pre recorded anthems they usually play on weekends (still better than Nathan Dawe). Food was good, but pricey - £15 for my main meal of roast pork, stuffing, chips and Yorkshire pudding. I was surprised they were selling multipacks of Madri and bottles of wine, especially the latter as people were walking around swigging from glass bottles in the middle of the crowd then dumping them on the floor… the rubbish was a mess at the end of the night. Probably one of the best live music events I’ve ever been to, a real credit to the station. 
    • While there were some technical issues (tracks temporarily cutting out, mics not working at first for radio listeners, 'studio team' sometimes jumping in at quite random intervals) Party Anthems on stage seemed to work well and I sort of wonder why they haven't done it before. I guess it depends on when gates open but if gates open around 1/2pm then no excuse not to do it- it's a DJ set which they have loads of across the weekend and acts as a warm-up so the crowd are hot for the first main act.
    • They mentioned on air that it's before Joel Corry's set.
    • When is the set for Greg and Tom? I’m having trouble getting on to Insta and Google is not helping.
    • Jess Iszatt is in for Jack on Monday 27th May.
    • The two larger studios either side of the Live Lounge are 82A (aka 82Mills) and 82D.  The 4 smaller ones nearby are 82B, C, E & F.  The brand new ones are nearby on the 8th floor and are 82K, L, M & N.  All of the London-based R2 and 6M shows are coming from the 8th floor, some in the new studios and some in the original ones.  Obviously there are a lot of shows that come from elsewhere in the country such as Birmingham, Salford and Cardiff, but any in London come from the 8th floor.   In terms of R1 at the moment:   82A - Greg James, Danny Howard, Jeremiah Asiamah 82B - Early Breakfast Mon-Fri, Dan P Carter, Sarah Story, Charlie Tee 82D - RMC, Going Home, Future Artists, Future Pop, Rave Up, 13.00-16.00 Fri-Sun 82E - Official Chart, Chillest Show 82F - Dance Anthems, Kenny Allstar, Indie Show 82N - New Music Show Salford - Dean & Vicky, Danny Beard, Nat O'Leary, Life Hacks Cardiff - Sam & Danni
    • Vick, Katie, Jamie, Charlie and Melvin will be on at 11am. Then Matt, Mollie, Charlie and Jamie at 1pm.
    • I’m intrigued to hear about the new studios. I know that in the past (when they did Access All Areas online tours) there was two big studios in the Live Lounge and four smaller ones. Do we know where the ‘new ones’ are? And how much of them? Are they on the same floor of NBH?   Am I thinking right? Arielle - one of the small ones (old) Greg - 82Mills RMC - 82B Dean&Vicky - Salford Drivetime - 82B (I guess?) Jack - the ‘new one’ Sian Eleri and nighttime shows - ?   Also, do we know if all Radio 2 and 6 shows have relocated to NBH? If so, are they all on Radio 1 floor, or are they scattered around the building?   Sorry, a lot of questions, but I have a gap in the studio area 😅
    • I think that’s Sam and Danni’s first time covering breakfast - congrats to them and looking forward to seeing how they get on on it! 
    • It's Radio 1 at Download, 13.00-16.00 on Saturday 15th June, and 21.00-23.00 on Sunday 16th June. Nikita Kanda is on 13.00-16.00 on Sunday 16th & Friday 21st June. Sam & Danni are in for Greg between Monday 17th & Friday 21st June. Nat is in for Vicky between Monday 17th & Thursday 20th June. Maia Beth is doing Friday Early Breakfast on 21st June.
    • I imagine Matt and Mollie would use one of the newer ones that r2 now takes
    • Seen the 1st 2 tours live bit was busy this time around. Jordan has taken shots at r1 in previous ones when asked questions during the dilemma stages and I gather he didn't hold back with things this time either from people who went
    • Better be hoping this clears by Friday…