Unofficial Mills

04/04/2007 - Wednesday

Scott got caught red handed doing something he does quite often. He saw someone outside Radio 1 who he didn’t want to talk to. So Scott pretended he was on the phone and having a conversation (even though there was no one on the other end of the phone). He normally has his phone on silent but today when he was walking past the person pretending to talk on the phone, his phone rang and now he feels bad because the person now knows that Scott is avoiding them.

Scott has no need conversations on the phone when he doesn’t have to at all. When Chappers is at his sport desk in the live lounge, he sees Scott walk through quite often and speaking on the phone.

Chappers said: ‘Are you very rarely on the phone to anybody?’ Scott said: ‘Very rarely.’ Chappers: ‘You git, you rude git.’

Scott pressed the red button last night to watch the My Chemical Romance gig and after the gig Scott’s video podcast came on with his flatmate doing comedy.

Chappers would like an audition to be Joseph on Any Dream Will Do; he would be kind of alright with a loin cloth on. Scott calls it Any Queen Will Do.

<b>Innuendo Bingo</b>

Chris said: ‘right, hard one? Yeah if you like.’ Another one: ‘hey Dom, fancy a bum.’ Debbie McGee said: ‘if you weren’t already known and you were just somebody new coming on my books. I would put you up against the same music video as Rachel.’ And Chris Moyles again, ‘I’d go for the man’s part.’ Coxy said: ‘come play with me.’ Dom on Moyles’ shows: ‘not wishing to probe to deeply Dave.’ Even Zane Lowe has been included, he said: ‘it’s the two lovely ladies who are on with me in the studio tonight.’ Halle Berry said: ‘I can’t tell you how good it makes my insides feel, I wish you could be inside right now and you would actually know.’

<b>Chris Moyles’ Naked Blog</b>

Scott decided to talk about Moyles’ Girls Naked Blog. Rachel, Carrie and Jocelyn off of The Chris Moyles Show are naked. Scott got half way through watching it and had to turn it off. He doesn’t like seeing people naked he works with. Chappers said he’s seen Chris Moyles naked before and he’s quite a cuddly bear. He saw Chris Moyles naked at Euro 2004 when they were swimming.

<b>Chappers’ Mistake</b>

Chappers has made a mistake today and he’s angry about it. Chappers’ little boy is four tomorrow and he wants an England shirt for his birthday. Chappers has bought his son an England shirt with his name and the number 4 on the back. When Chappers went back to the shop he realised that Steven Gerrard wears the number four shirt for England and now his little boy is going to be running around as a scouser. As a Man Utd fan its hell for Chappers but the one who doesn’t speak loves it because he supports Liverpool.

<b>Avril Singing in Different Languages</b>

Someone at Avril Lavigne’s record company has had a brilliant idea. . The idea was to sing the chorus to ‘Girlfriend’ in different languages. Avril sang it in French, Italian, German and Mandarin. Scott doesn’t think Avril spent enough times getting the words right.

<b>Old People Saying Embarrassing Words</b>

Hannah e-mailed in because her dad’s new favourite word is wicked. Laura says wicked every 5 minutes. Scott said when should you stop saying wicked. Chappers would have thumped Scott if he’d been asking him. Paul off of Nottingham says his brother is 42 and always says crucial. Jess got in touch to say her mum is 46 and says well cool. Paul off of Bristol text in to say his dad is 51 and says rad. Chappers says top banana is a wrong phrase for any one to say at any age. Someone’s dad still says bling and he’s nearly 60. Louise off of Kent said her dad is 52 and he answers the phone and always says whassup. Ian said his dad is 68 or 69 and still says yo.

<b>Radio Quizzes</b>

Scott found someone more stupid than yesterday on New Zealand radio. On this quiz the answer is Sunday, so the woman has to work out what the question is. The answer is what day is father’s day? The radio presenter gave her a lot of clues and even gave her the answer. It took the woman ages to work out what the question was.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• They seem to be using James more for cover now makes me think it will be him getting weekends eitjer breakfast or 1 till 4 
    • Yep am very much Capital Breakfast now. Jordan, Chris and Sian are a great trio and it's got that feel of the old shows Jordan and Chris used to do on Radio 1. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is packed full of content and slick. With Greg he's great but 6 years in you've probably heard it all before plus frankly I can sit through the Capital Playlist a lot more easily than the Radio 1 playlist (where some of the inclusions and omissions can be quite baffling at times). Plus after things like the Oscars or Met Gala or if there's a particularly big TV show or film or popstar then Greg won't half wang on about it at times. I guess it's partly to be expected with it being a Breakfast show on a young station but it can feel very London bubble and get tired.
    • Ore Olukoga is in for Arielle on Tuesday 14th May. James Cusack is in for Danny Beard on Saturday 1st June. James Cusack is in for Nat on Sunday 2nd June.
    • I honestly never thought in a million years I’d move from Radio 1 to be a regular Capital breakfast show listener. But it’s got pretty much everything I want - 3 really genuine, entertaining mates having a laugh, playing silly games and it all sounds great. I became a big fan of Chris from his days with Scott, became a Jordan fan on Going Home, and Sian Welby is newer to me but is loads of fun too.  It’s great and I’ve shocked myself by transferring my listening at breakfast. For me Greg’s show now feels very tired and it’s time for something new. But with Jordan gone that’s unlikely to happen anytime soon. Greg’s had a great run and I’m a fan - but there’s no new ideas now. I still listen to Radio 1 at other times - but this show feels like very serious competition for Greg. 
    • They have built four new studios to increase capacity, alongside the existing six.  Bearing in mind that some of the output of R1, 1X, R2 & 6M comes from elsewhere, and Asian Network is gradually moving all output to Birmingham, this should be enough!
    • How do they manage to cater for 6Music and Radio 2 on that floor? Did they adapt it? 
    • I think we've all figured out now how much you like it @AndyK77 😂 Personally while I think it's by far the best show on the Capital schedule and better than its predecessor, it still has the shortened songs and other commercial-radio aspects that remind me why I'm a Radio 1 fan. No matter how well this has worked out for Jordan, and all credit to him for landing the job, I can't help but feel that a Jordan and Katie show on R1 breakfast would have been so much better!
    • A few weeks in and I am actually loving the show and Jordan is a nice mix of his old chaotic self and dare I say it a slick jock.
    • He must be in his element. At Eurovision and a Gold award!
    • I really like Rylan, and as much of a fun idea it would be to have Scott and Rylan together, I think Rylan is too much of a main character.  Scott needs a side-kick rather than a full on co-host I think. That’s why he and Chris worked so well, Scott steered the show, and Chris was the perfect person to have alongside him.    I don’t religiously listen to Rylan’s show, but when I do catch it, it’s perfect weekend energy. He has a very warm presenting style too, but something makes me think he and Scott together every day would be a bit too much.     
    • So pleased for Scott on his best entertainment show win. As much as I miss his R1 style, he clearly puts so much into his shows, well deserved and it’s a big two fingers up to all the abuse he has had since joining R2
    • There are a lot that share your sentiments. People have made comparisons to the different takes to Ukraine. 
    • It's a big 'No' from me (Israel-Palestine). No further comments.
    • A joke about pirates: ‘but we’re not jumping ship, like someone else’
    • I felt it was much better with the staging and everything.  I still cannot warm to his voice but he's a very good performer. Ireland was everything though.