Unofficial Mills

Lamacq joins Radio 2, Radcliffe gets earlier slot

Jono

DJ Steve Lamacq is to join BBC Radio 2 for a weekly show introducing audiences to new music and emerging acts. As well as his new Radio 2 slot, Steve Lamacq keeps his shows on Radio 1 and 6 Music.

His show is part of an overhaul of the station's evening schedule prompted by jazz presnter Humprhey Lyttleton, who has decided to cut back his workload.

Mark Radcliffe will gain Stuart Maconie as a co-presenter as his late night show moves to a 20.00 timeslot.

Nick Barraclough's weekly country music show is a casualty of the new schedule, which comes into effect on 16 April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6487457.stm

i agree. i can see the day where radcliffe may move from radio 2, i think he seems to radical for them. they were making the right moves by getting him to fill in for steve wright in the afternoon but now they do this? crazy bas*ards.

on the grid.

• 3 weeks later...

apsolute legend to me, pure and simple. i think he's making a step in the right direction again by working with other dj's, he'll always have that intelligent wit and vast radio experience. but someone to talk to between is always a big bonus. i still think radio double one is a bit to bland for him though. mabie he would be more suited on somthing like 6music.

on the grid.