Unofficial Mills

The Football Season - 2005/06

Red

Heskey could come back and be better than Cisse is right now. So Owen would blow them away. Yes Liverpool fans are a lot like Wolves. Soon as Miller leaves they turn bitter even though he scored the goal that beat Man U.

I am taking up a new hobby... Plymouth!

on the grid.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a liverpool fan - IMO, Owen is a traitor to liverpool. if you were running the team, would you really want him back? sure, hes a great player, but he abondoned us. the true liverpool fans would hate him. besides, hed have no place in the team. i dont think hed settle for being #2 fave player - stevie G's taken his place.

Eh??? Since when did Owen abandon Liverpool? He was pushed out the door by Rafa Benitez. He wanted to come back to Liverpool aswell but Benitez wouldn't have him. How you can call him a traitor is beond me.

Owen does very well for England and really thats all that matters to me at the end of the day.

Anyway i had a look around google earth and i think they need to update their images:-

stamford_bridge_google_earth.jpg

Becuase i know for a fact that Lampard dosen't play on sand. Also i have noticed that a lot of their database has gone back a couple of years. Like the shot of my house is from around summer 2001. Fhreaky!

on the grid.

I wonder how Owen is getting on with his recovery? Mabie Souness said he was in light training when he was being sent around St. James' park on crutches twice to just take the tension of the managers shoulders?

He is due back mid April I read in the paper, Don't think Souness will still be there when he does return though.

im sure it was, Sammy. oops, did I spell it wrong? :-) *cough*retard*cough*

Nasty cough you got there, you should see a doctor. :-)

or micheal owen

Worst player in the world ever. Everytime he was on the pitch they lost? Oh and lets not forget the time he (didn't) single handedly win the FA Cup for Liverpool against Arsenal. Oh and last year when he (didn't) pull two goals back for England to beat Argentina, and the time when he (didn't) score a hat trick against Germany.

yes. Worst player in the world ever.

on the grid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I just think it's more about what they're doing. If all you've got is a DJ dancing to Beyonce's latest hit for thirty seconds or Sara Cox reading out the All Request Friday number in a funny way it's not really what Facebook prioritises. I think it's great that studio interaction, but it does lend itself to Instagram and TikTok more. But I honestly believe there is a place for Facebook with the Radio 2 audience. The trouble is Radio 2 have barely used Facebook for the last year so there doesn't seem to have been a strategy there.
    • Agree, all I'd see on x was medical professionals from other health trusts having a very carefully worded pop at each other, mixed in with a clip of jeremy vine with a camera on his helmet, a very strange place indeed! I imagine they have some data to back it up, but is the r2 audience really using tiktok? 
    • I get not putting resources into X which these days is a strange mix of angry political debate and adult content only. But you'd think Facebook was still the most popular social channel amongst Radio 2 audiences.
    • Radio 2 seem to have decided that their strategy is just short video, so it does probably make sense with Instagram and TikTok. But I find it hard to believe there's not longer form content that wouldn't suit Facebook better.
    • These late announcements are so lacklustre. It's not quite like the time they announced Harry Styles last minute!
    • Friday - Nathan Dawe, Wilkinson Saturday - Jax Jones Sunday - London Grammar, Remi Woolf, AJ Tracey
    • Probably got fed up of the usual moaning bastards all over it, asking for Ken Bruce and Jimmy Young back on air. 
    • Think it may have been better to include Radio 1 in this and 1 xtra ultimately focus on boosting a BBC Sounds social media to bring the multi-generational content marketed to a broader audience through one singular channel and having a separate social brand skewed to younger audiences maybe they should consider just having a @BBC @BBCSounds  @BBCSport @BBCNews @BBCFresh (youth brand) social media acounts national. 
    • Although a lot of their target audience do seem to be moving across to Instagram now.
    • I suppose it's because not a lot of people use Twitter (or X) so maybe it's not worth their time, surprised about Facebook though.
    • Surprised to learn Radio 2 and 6 Music are moving away from X and Facebook, I would have thought there's more appeal in Radio 1 doing that instead. Their target audiences still use Facebook, and it's still a key way to reach a good mix of audiences. Agree about X though, don't see any need for it. https://radiotoday.co.uk/2024/05/bbc-radio-2-and-6-music-quit-facebook-and-x-publishing/
    • Just wondering…has any DJ got the answer wrong yet? I’ve not heard one and they are pretty tough questions! 😆
    • On the weekends theme @Bluestraw said this in the chatbox but I was listening live to James cusack's show yesterday and agree it would be a travesty if he doesn't feature in the weekend plans. Both the greg james fb page and users on digital spy are saying similar. Imagine that, being both part of the LGBTQ+ community but able to appreciate good presenters in 2024.
    • Tara Kumar is in for Sian on Tuesday 4th June.
    • I think at least part of the problem is that a lot of Danny's act is based around Drag humour which (a) isn't for everybody (b) has to be so tamed down for daytime radio, it just becomes silly and (c) it is humour generally consumed on a night out with lots of alcohol taken!