Unofficial Mills

Should Chappers & Dave leave their main shows?

Kay

I don't think so. People are currently praising Chappers and Dave, but I bet that would change should they get a weekend slot. It becomes more serious then, and the magic (if that's the word!) of Chappers and Dave is what they're doing now, with little effort for features which as we knows works when filling in for other weekend DJs.

For Dave obviously Chris is the person who made Comedy Dave. For Chappers, although Scott didn't 'make' him what he is, as he's done plenty of other radio work but I think it was Scott that changed my opinion of him. Originally I don't think I could really stand hearing Coxy's Breakfast Show, so I didn't really rate Chappers until I heard Scott's afternoon show, where I've found he has become the 'daddy cool' of radio :P

For those reasons I don't think it should work like that. I think Chappers and Dave need these shows to promote their 'world tour', if just for a bit of banter about them. Plus it'd mean me making the effort to listen to their show EVERY weekend, and knowing me I would. But it'd be unhealthy to have a favourite weekend show too ;)