Unofficial Mills

• The two larger studios either side of the Live Lounge are 82A (aka 82Mills) and 82D.  The 4 smaller ones nearby are 82B, C, E & F.  The brand new ones are nearby on the 8th floor and are 82K, L, M & N.  All of the London-based R2 and 6M shows are coming from the 8th floor, some in the new studios and some in the original ones.  Obviously there are a lot of shows that come from elsewhere in the country such as Birmingham, Salford and Cardiff, but any in London come from the 8th floor.   In terms of R1 at the moment:   82A - Greg James, Danny Howard, Jeremiah Asiamah 82B - Early Breakfast Mon-Fri, Dan P Carter, Sarah Story, Charlie Tee 82D - RMC, Going Home, Future Artists, Future Pop, Rave Up, 13.00-16.00 Fri-Sun 82E - Official Chart, Chillest Show 82F - Dance Anthems, Kenny Allstar, Indie Show 82N - New Music Show Salford - Dean & Vicky, Danny Beard, Nat O'Leary, Life Hacks Cardiff - Sam & Danni
    • Vick, Katie, Jamie, Charlie and Melvin will be on at 11am. Then Matt, Mollie, Charlie and Jamie at 1pm.
    • I’m intrigued to hear about the new studios. I know that in the past (when they did Access All Areas online tours) there was two big studios in the Live Lounge and four smaller ones. Do we know where the ‘new ones’ are? And how much of them? Are they on the same floor of NBH?   Am I thinking right? Arielle - one of the small ones (old) Greg - 82Mills RMC - 82B Dean&Vicky - Salford Drivetime - 82B (I guess?) Jack - the ‘new one’ Sian Eleri and nighttime shows - ?   Also, do we know if all Radio 2 and 6 shows have relocated to NBH? If so, are they all on Radio 1 floor, or are they scattered around the building?   Sorry, a lot of questions, but I have a gap in the studio area 😅
    • I think that’s Sam and Danni’s first time covering breakfast - congrats to them and looking forward to seeing how they get on on it! 
    • It's Radio 1 at Download, 13.00-16.00 on Saturday 15th June, and 21.00-23.00 on Sunday 16th June. Nikita Kanda is on 13.00-16.00 on Sunday 16th & Friday 21st June. Sam & Danni are in for Greg between Monday 17th & Friday 21st June. Nat is in for Vicky between Monday 17th & Thursday 20th June. Maia Beth is doing Friday Early Breakfast on 21st June.
    • I imagine Matt and Mollie would use one of the newer ones that r2 now takes
    • Seen the 1st 2 tours live bit was busy this time around. Jordan has taken shots at r1 in previous ones when asked questions during the dilemma stages and I gather he didn't hold back with things this time either from people who went
    • Better be hoping this clears by Friday…
    • Vernon is also in panto this year, so he'll presumably have a spell away from Radio 2 around Christmas/New year.
    • Maia Beth is in for Mollie on Future Pop on Wednesday 12th June.
    • Maybe that will be Arielle then and go up against Cap Dances 11am mix
    • I think being the radio geek Greg is he will want to beat Moyles record  
    • It must be really weird for the likes of Vick and RMC to see Scott in 82A it must be like he never left for them
    • It's amazing how stable that slot has been over the past 20 years - 3 presenters only. By comparison, the previous 20 years seen 8 or 10 presenters depending how you measure it.  (Whether you treat Kevin and Zoe as separate to Zoe and whether you count Mark Goodier's 4 months on Breakfast as more than just cover).
    • On July 8th Greg will surpass Grimmy's tenure on Radio 1 breakfast (5 years, 319 days) as the second-longest breakfast show presenter. He has already passed Tony Blackburn and Sim Mayo. I'm not sure if he will make Moyles' record of 8 years, 253 days, but he certainly still seems fresh and full of ideas!