Unofficial Mills

sara cox future on radio one confrmed

steve24

At a guess she will spend her time covering rather than them giving a permanent show.

That's the way it's looking.She doesn't want to give up her weekends now that her kids are at school, and taking a permanent slot on radio 1 might jeapordise her chances of being offered one on radio 2. She's probably under contract to Radio 1 for a few more months so might as well use it up doing the odd cover

That's the way it's looking.She doesn't want to give up her weekends now that her kids are at school, and taking a permanent slot on radio 1 might jeapordise her chances of being offered one on radio 2. She's probably under contract to Radio 1 for a few more months so might as well use it up doing the odd cover

Unless someone leaves suddenly the only free slot is Wednesday 9-10pm which is 'my playlist' since the departure of Tom Deacon

james_ryder.png

• 2 weeks later...
definately sounded like last ever to me

While on with Scott this afternoon playing Real Or No Real, Sara said that she'd still be at radio 1 "unless she's put on a list to be kept out by security".

Mentioned that she was doing something with Fearne in December, best of shows - I presume?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have the date of Saras return to radio one .She'll be sitting in for Fearne Cotton on thursday november 14 and friday nov 15. The reason is that Fearne will be rehearsing the Children in Need show on BBC 1 which she's co presenting on friday nov 15

I see that Sara has had an extra date added to her radio one stint .She'll now be doing Fearnes show on wednesday as well as thursday and friday next week