Unofficial Mills

The Wimbledon 2010 Thread

MrDoovdeHaxorz

Thought I'd make this thread as it's been quite epic so far.

Highlights so far:

The Queen, Prince Phillip and Tim Henman are currently watching Andy Murray's second round match against Jarkko Nieminen on Centre Court, and we've seen Roger Federer among other top names pushed hard in just their first round matches. There's also a 3rd day of the epic and recordbreaking First Round match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut starting around 3:30 today.

All this and more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8756240.stm

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

And the longest tennis match of all time is finally all over... mega congrats to Isner. :D

I like how the All-England Club even gave the two players and Umpire special memento awards... 11hours and 5mins of match time. Great performances from both guys.

The only shames are that one of these guys had to lose, and that we were deprived of a 69-69 scoreline :D

OK now we have Nadal and Federer through, no real surprise there even if some have accused these guys of not being at the top of their game (because they were taken to 5 sets in one of the first two rounds). Novak Djokovic has a 'Hulk Hogan moment' when he ripped his shirt as he celebrated beating Lleyton Hewitt, that was funny to watch.

Andy Murray beat Sam Querrey to make it to the Quarterfinals, there was a point where someone shouted out COME ON ANDY, and John McEnroe immediately commented "That is a frustrated football fan" to which the other commentator replied "There were a few million of those this morning" :hahaha: Also worth noting, Murray is the only man to have won all his matches so far in straight sets, I hope to see him get to at least the Semis, where he'll hopefully have a match with Nadal (assuming he can beat Tsonga tomorrow, I think that's too close to call but Andy's on strong form).

Maria Sherapova is out after being beaten by Serena Williams, and Kim Clijsters won her match against Henin too, good results there.

Sadly I agree, as much as I want him to do well, I won't be too hurt if we end up with another Federer/Nadal final.

Am I right in thinking the best Murray's done at Wimbledon before is get to the Semi-finals? (though he has got to Finals in other tournaments?) I think he will probably equal that this year, sadly I don't think he will do better, but it WOULD be awesome so see him in the actual Final.