Unofficial Mills

Hi This Is Wes! moves to afternoons

Jono

Seems Wes is moving from his breakfast show to the 1pm till 4pm slot on Galaxy.

"Wes has had enough of early starts, so will now be gracing Galaxy’s 1300-1600 weekday slots. We are looking forward to hearing him take Moorehouse, Edith and XFM’s automated computer apart in this time slot. Wes starts his new show from 25th June."

My favourite line of the article is that he's writing a book.

"Wes will now spend more time writing his book, due for release in 2008, and on other projects."

Anyone curious to read this?

http://www.radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.2091

Haha, I like the 'XFM's automated computer' comment, they never should have gone for this DJ-free approach on weekdays.

As for Wes... to be honest I really couldn't give a sh*t. He was crap on Radio 1 and probably still is crap now.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Jono, good article - thanks for posting.

Yes, it'll be interested to read actually on his experience of counting from 40 - 1 every sunday. He's not a bad presenter here in Manchester, but surprised there is a bit of a change going on at Galaxy. I like in that article how he's going to be taking on the Xfm Computer.

Behelzebub - I dont think there is anything wrong with what Xfm have done, some people just like to listen to music but the only test is the figures which appear in October. We shall see. :)

507033771.183.1247039672.png

wes was bland and the only funny thing about him was when people made jokes about him

He was bland, but that was ages ago and you're only really talking from experience of his radio 1 show, which wasnt really about the presenter. To be fair - the chart show is a strict format and you can't really add your own features.

Why do you think he left radio 1 (or was he told to clear his desk?) - is because he didnt have a future at Radio 1 due to the lack of creative space. He's much better with a team and the awards he's got show he's a really good Presenter.

507033771.183.1247039672.png

ha they all thought wes was crap but now we have edith bowman on her own. he was good at what he did, covering for other dj's and the chart show. i dont hate him and call him crap just becuase he is not on radio 1 anymore. infact they should of kept him for early breakfast and teamed him up with someone or somthing, and put jk & joel in the 1-4 slot.

on the grid.