Unofficial Mills

Scott Mills Drivetime Shows, 2005-2007

DC

Well before mixcloud went all lame and limited uploads, unless you pay. I finally managed to get this done. For those who may not know, years ago I used to record Scott's drivetime shows and clip the best bits out of them for this website. This was before BBC Sounds and iplayer days, Radio 1 did have listen again, but the playback quality was never the best like today. So I chose to record direct to my PC at the time, via an FM and later DAB tuner.

Thing is here, is that I've kept all these shows for the past 15 years plus on an old hard drive. And they are now all uploaded and in this mixcloud playlist below, over 450 of them.

This was the era of Chappers and Laura, Chris Stark was still at school around this point so don't expect to hear him. But I did grab the last few weeks of Scott and Chris from this year which are also included somewhere on here. Plus a random 2015 show I saved for reasons unknown.

There's some breakfast shows in here too with Scott covering Chris Moyles. But exactly which ones I don't know, I had to rush against the clock. Maybe someday I'll mark those up properly.

Anyway, stick these on in the car or through your heaphones. And party like it's 2006!

https://www.mixcloud.com/midlandanorak/playlists/scott-mills/

on the grid.

23 hours ago, spotty said:

Thanks for these, I can pretend I'm in my early 20's again

Aside from Scott, Chappers and Laura. Picking out the music is one of the best things about going through these. Some tracks I've totally forgotten about, other I want to such as Rudebox by Robbie Williams...

Although hearing Scott play El Chombo 'Chacarron' for the first time in October 2006. Was just as brilliant as the first time I heard it.

on the grid.

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 3:42 PM, FrazzleDazzle said:

Very cool finds! You should upload these to the Internet Archive.

I have thought of that tbh, but because there's copyrighted music on them I have a feeling they would kick off. And I don't have the time to edit down all the shows to take out the music really

on the grid.

• 1 month later...