Unofficial Mills

Cleaning a car - help!

Jono

Such a simple task...

But how do you do it? I usually use the hose and spray it, then put some (cheap) shampoo/wax stuff on, and then hose it off. But then there's loads of soap suds and marks so I have to wipe it with a cloth, and yet it stills look a mess.

How do I get rid of the soap suds and marks left?

How do you clean yours/your parents?

I do basically the same.

Hosing it down after washing it with a sponge with the was/shampoo should get rid of the suds?

Then after you've done the widnows with a shammy go round the car and quickly wipe it with the shammy to get rid of any marks/excess water.

I can't see how the water wouldn't get the suds off, you might want to get some better shampoo if it is leaving marks.

Because of the car drying, i wash part by part. Because if it drys, it looks smeary. So I shapoo part by part, then wash of with cold water. After i have done all of the car, i wait for the windows to dry, then get some "glass cleaner", dont use window lean. And clean up the windows.

Then when it's done it looks like this...

sagaris0rm.th.jpg

on the grid.

Yeah, I think when I start to drive and I get asked to wash it I'll cut my losses and take it to the car wash!

Methinks we need better car shampoo. I was told we were given the stuff by my uncle (who kept it really clean) but I've just been told mum brought it. So yeah, it's probably that.