Unofficial Mills

What does everyone think of weekends on BBC Radio 1?

welovemoyles

I think its got worse.

I thought i liked Gemma but she irritates me now as i loved bowman.

I like Vernon but dont feel the need to listen/Coxy is not my cup of tea.

Huw is a lovely man but just isnt right for daytime.

Danny Howards dance anthems great show but same as vernon dont feel need to listen.

Chart Show was my fave show when i started listening to R1 10 years ago and recently ive started to love it again.

Now Jameela Jamil both me and my wife love this show which is strange for us to both like the same dj.

Nick and Annie hilarious.

But in all weekends bit rubbish other than sunday after 4pm

I think I've said this before but weekends are awful at the moment.

They really need an established name to anchor the schedule such as Jo Whiley 18 months ago and they had Edith until 6 months ago. This is why I think we need Mr. Moyles on at 1.00 or 10.00.

I can't abide Gemma she really isn't my cup of tea. I tend to veer away from saying this person is a bad DJ or shouldn't be at the station as everyone has different taste. But the amount of negative comments on forums compared to the 1 or 2 positive comments is quite telling. I hope she doesn't get near daytime.

I don't like Vernon hopefully he will leave in Coopers cuts due to his age (according to his wiki he is leaving in September but there is no citation)

I love Coxy but I'm worried that she is going to be pushed out to R2 in the near future.

Huw, very nice man & I always enjoy it when he covers for Zane. But he is not right for daytime his features are boring, he isn't very engaging. His unknown new music also feels out of place in the middle of the day. Jo used to promote new songs from new bands but they were more like future playlist material or songs which radio 1 had snubbed and it worked much better.

Danny Howard not my cup of teas his pop remixes and lack of features. He is hardly engaging either. Will this year's superstar DJ take his slot? I'd rather this show was on at 7PM aswell it seems out of place.

I can take or leave the chart show, it has got better since the top 10 went onto your labtop even if they do go on about it a bit.

I was surprised by how much I have enjoyed Jameela's show and I liked it when she covered for Gemma.

Grimmy & Annie are fantastic together, I wish Annie was on breakfast with him and I hope she at least pops up on the breakfast show from time to time.

All in all it's bad. If coxy heads off along with Grimmy + Annie it will get a lot worse.

I don't like Gemma so stay away from her show, I like Vernon & Huw but don't like the music on Danny's show. I don't like to listen to Coxy either and the chart show gets boring and never plays the songs I want to hear.

So really only listen to Vernon's show (including Dev when he sits in as I like Dev) and part of Huw's. After that it's either the TV or iphone all the way!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson