Unofficial Mills

09/02/2007 - Friday

Jono

Scott's got his special pants, and I think you know why. As the great Lord himself said, "iiiiiiiiiiit's only bley friiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!" Scott's finally allowed to lie as much as he wants, as there are no more tickets available. You can catch the highlights online and through digital television as of next week.

And there was more from Sue Marchant off of BBC Local Radio in the Eastern Counties today. Listeners will recall yesterday the game of 'What Is It?' that Sue was playing out this week. The clue was 'sometimes misleading and I keep bumping into them' but what is it? It was revealed that the answer was car wing mirrors, and was correctly identified by a listener in New York! Our Sue gets around! And there's a new 'What Is It?' - good for just one thing, although our things will do. Anita Beaver texted in with the suggestion 'snow' but she would only read out her first name! The answer hasn't been correctly identified so it rolls over to Monday night.

But that wasn't all from Sue tonight. She also read out an e-mail from Unofficial Mills for Georgina off of Newsbeat. It was her birthday today, so we got Sue to give her a mention and play her a song. Originally considering to request 'Rehab' by Amy Winehouse, I decided not to incase she ruins the mention by telling us all she didn't have it, so I left that off. But she obviously can read our minds, as that's just what she played! George wasn't half chuffed with it. Happy Birthday m'darling.

And you can download that mix of Jo Whiley vs Edith Bowman from Radio 1's Mobile Site now. Just text 'MOBILE' to 81199.

Finally, Paul called in today, hoping Scott could help him out, as he wants to convince his mother he's not gay. He doesn't have a problem with this, but because he has a gay mate, his mother is convinced something is going on here. She doesn't have a problem with homosexuality, but she is always asking whether he's bringing along 'a boy or a girl' to family events, and none of his family asks about girls. Would it not be easier if he was? Scott recommonds being a real hetrosexual, where he buys FHM and reads it in front of his mum, shouting 'phowwwwar!'. The only alternative is going gay on Tuesday and Thursdays. Paul didn't seem too impressed as he'd asked for some real help.

<b>The Wonder Years</b>

And after five it's all about the music with the Wonder Years. Here's this week's tracklistings.

1994 - Prodigy - Voodoo People

1995 - Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It

1996 - Iggy Pop - Lust For Life

1997 - Dario G - Sunchyme

1998 - Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar

1999 - Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in LA

2000 - Death In Vegas - Aisha

2001 - PPK - Resurrection

2002 - Fat Joe & Ashanti - What's Luv

2003 - The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun

2004 - Herd and Fitz - I Just Can't Get Enough

<B>Friday Floor Fillers</b>

And after six it's the Floor Fillers. Check out Radio 1 Online for the full tracklistings for this week.