Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's Chart Show vs The Big 40 UK

welovemoyles

After listening to both I have come to the decision i just dont care any more. Big 40 skipping songs (the good ones Linkin Park and Kasabian) and Radio 1 has too much chat.

Charts today just are not exciting anymore dominated by American garbage. We need to see our British talent dominate the charts and until it happens i've lost interest in charts all round. Happy listening to the UK's number 1 album Kasabian its the best thing ive heard in ages :D

Guest inxces4308
After listening to both I have come to the decision i just dont care any more. Big 40 skipping songs (the good ones Linkin Park and Kasabian) and Radio 1 has too much chat.

Charts today just are not exciting anymore dominated by American garbage. We need to see our British talent dominate the charts and until it happens i've lost interest in charts all round. Happy listening to the UK's number 1 album Kasabian its the best thing ive heard in ages :D

Most people these day don't care about the actual chart. To put it simply, both shows are as bad as each other in different ways and neither are spectacular.

Regarding the so called 'american garbage'. Thats what's helps the chart survive. Also, if there was enough good UK stuff around then it would be in the chart.

The charts go on public demand, if they want american artists, then thats what they get.

On another note - This:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8109267.stm

is likely to have a change to the R1 chart.

If there wasn't the American garbage there would be no listener ship to the charts as it's clear the audience who are big with Fearne and Reggie love their Metro Station, Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.