Unofficial Mills

Vernon Kay Admits Sending Racy Text

James R

Married TV presenter Vernon Kay has admitted he exchanged racy texts and Twitter messages with glamour model Rhian Sugden.

Kay's presenter wife Tess Daly, who gave birth to the couple's second daughter Amber last May, is expected to be furious by the revelation.

Page 3 blonde Sugden, 23, swapped details with Kay, 35, after meeting in a nightclub in his hometown of Bolton.

While Daly has been busy with the couple's two children Phoebe, five, and Amber, eight months, Kay has been enjoying flirty exchanges on Twitter, using the micro-blogging site's private messaging function.

Kay's spokesman admitted he had sent the text messages, but insisted: 'They never at any point had a physical sexual relationship.'

Sugden said: 'I met Vernon in a club in Bolton and we have exchanged a few racy texts.'

The text messages in question were shown to The Sun newspaper, who said they were too explicit to print.

A source close to the couple told the paper: 'This is the last thing Tess will want to hear.

'She is not one to hold back on dishing out a rollicking. It's fair to say this will go down like a lead balloon.

Vernon has been sending inappropriate messages to Rhian and it's come back to bite him on the a**e.

'He's never had sex with her, but clearly sending a Page 3 girl sexually suggestive messages is not a wise thing to do.

'He feels pretty stupid about sending them to her now and is obviously worried what Tess is going to say.'

The racy messages are at odd with Kay's image as a clean-cut, family man, who hosts shows such as All Star Family Fortunes.

In an interview with the Mail's You magazine two years ago, Daly said she completely trusted her husband.

She said: 'He loves me; he loves our family. One would hope that that is what is important at the end of the day.

article-1249533-006C2D9200000258-952_233x341.jpg Whiter than white? Daly and Kay, pictured on their wedding day in September 2003, have traded heavily on their status as 'the perfect couple'

'And I trust him. I have to, because what's the alternative?

'You've got to believe in the bloke you're with, right? Or we'd both be unhappy.'

The revelations come just nine days before his wife of seven years releases a pregnancy book.

In the Strictly Come Dancing host's Baby Diaries, the 38-year-old model speaks about her hormonal experiences during her two pregnancies and admitted she felt 'alone and insecure' while Kay was away in the U.S working.

She wrote: 'I'd never been a particularly confrontational person, but now that my hormones were all over the place I felt totally erratic.

'I was sad one minute, deliriously happy the next.

'It felt like he was a world away. I felt quite alone and insecure. I think I just wanted my hubby back and for someone to make me a cup of tea and tell me to put my feet up.

'When he was back and we had an argument about something and nothing, I would throw cushions around the house in unwarranted fits of anger, and then feel ridiculous, as I had to pick them back up.'

james_ryder.png

TELLY star Vernon Kay admitted last night having text sex affairs with FIVE girls.

Kay, 35 - wed to TV's Tess Daly - was exposed by The Sun yesterday over explicit messages to Page 3 beauty Rhian Sugden.

Now the All Star Family Fortunes host has confessed to four others. He said: "I'm an idiot."

Weeping Kay vowed to put a stop to his sex texting as he told The Sun: "I've let down my wife Tess."

And he revealed his Strictly Come Dancing presenter missus hit the roof when she found out.

Dad-of-two Kay said: "Tess is extremely upset about this and we're working through it.

"But in some ways I'm glad this story has come out. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"I knew it was getting silly. I'm never going to do it again and hopefully I can clear the slate clean and start again.

"I'm so sorry. I've been an idiot and I've let my family down."

He went on: "I've been stupid and daft but I'm not a sex pest.

"I've only done this with four or five girls and I've known them all well - they've been friends or work colleagues.

"I know a single guy can get away with things like that but I'm married and I understand this is off limits."

The Sun has seen numerous examples of Kay's more sexually suggestive messages. We are not printing examples as they are too explicit for a family newspaper.

More here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2847272/Vernon-Kay-admitted-last-night-having-text-sex-affairs-with-five-girls.html

TESS Daly won't be pleased to see this snap of Page 3 beauty Rhian Sugden back in the country.

The glamour girl, who exchanged sex texts with Tess's husband Vernon Kay, arrived at Manchester Airport last night.

Vernon-Kay_180_985707a.jpgShamed ... Vernon Kay

The stunning 23-year-old had been doing a modelling shoot in Tenerife.

Looking fresh-faced, a make-up free Rhian stepped off the plane casually dressed in an oversized t-shirt, leggings and cowboy boots.

Earlier this week The Sun revealed how Vernon, 35, had exchanged explicit messages with the blonde and four other girls behind his wife's back.

The Family Fortunes presenter, who has two kids with Tess, later confessed that the Strictly host had hit the roof when she found out what he'd been up to.

Yesterday it emerged that Tess, 40, had told She magazine that she trusted Vernon "totally" and thought he would never do anything to jeopardise their marriage just weeks before his sordid scandal was exposed.

james_ryder.png

That was a weird show, I missed the beginning of it but not having banter with people texting in just doenst seem right for Vernon. Although it was clearly live becuase of the competiton and the fact he had John Murry on the phone, i felt it had a pre-recorded feel to it.

At least he apologised, admitted he was wrong and then moved on with the show

Not impressed with censorship

There was a very flat feeling to the show. Well... I'd like to think that now he's apologised (publicly might I add) that we won't hear anything more on this subject. What he does in his personal life is his business and not ours. Same applies to John Terry, Ashley Cole and whoever else has been in the papers as having done something so tragically awful that they must subject to a public witch hunt. We are all human, we all make mistakes and I can guarantee that we all have skeletons in our closet that we don't want anyone else to find out.

The end.

take control

I agree the show felt very different. Flat.

The newspapers reported that they played more music and to be honest this seemed the case. He doesn't normally talk about the lined up music to the extent he did yesterday.

Hopefully if the papers leave him alone we can have the normal chirpy Vern back next week. I think it was the tone of his voice that gave it away most!