Unofficial Mills

Daily Mail: N Dubz left abusive phone message

Jono

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story has finally made the local newspaper here:

Wednesday, 11am - A YOUNG mum from Boston has spoken out against rap artist Dappy of chart-toppers N-Dubz for sending her a death threat after she contacted Radio 1 to poke fun at the band.

Chloe Moody was sent abusive text messages - including the threat 'your gonna die' - from the 22-year-old singer, real name Dino Constostavlos, after she contacted the Chris Moyles Show.

Miss Moody, 22, labelled the band as 'losers' and singled out Dappy as 'a little boy with a silly hat' in a text message to the station, when the band were interviewed.

The next day, Miss Moody received threatening text messages and phone calls from the hip-hop star.

One stated: "Your gonna die,U sent a very bad msg towards Ndubz on The Chris Moyels Show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!!If u say sorry I will leave u alone u ****."

Miss Moody, who has a three-year-old daughter, told The Standard she was 'appalled' by his behaviour, adding she thought his reaction was 'bizarre'.

"Radio 1 invited us to share our opinions and I suppose that's all I did. He must have taken it particularly to heart," she said.

The abusive messages and phone calls sparked a media storm and Dappy has publicly apologised for his behaviour, stating: "I sent the messages to her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse."

The singer has also agreed to make a donation to Pilgrim Hospital's coronary care department, a cause chosen by Miss Moody.

She was also offered tickets to see N-Dubz live, though declined.

Miss Moody has attracted support from, among others, the secretary of state for the Department of Children, Schools, and Families, Ed Balls.

In an ironic twist, N-Dubz fronted the single R U Cyber Safe? in support of the Government-backed anti-bullying charity Beatbullying.

Mr Balls said: "This text message was completely unacceptable. It is right that he has not only apologised, but accepted there was no excuse for his behaviour."

The BBC has also apologised, Miss Moody said. A spokesman said: "We were unaware that the number had been taken from the production team's console and will take steps to ensure it can't happen again."

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/NDubz-star-sends-death-threat.5997323.jp

james_ryder.png

I know this isnt gonna go down well but its my opinion so tough, I'm not arguing about it.

We've heard what they're like from hearing them when they've been on the show, although personally I think Tulisa comes off as the agressive one. The woman who text in obviously knew there was a good chance some if not all of the group would read the message. As far as I'm concerned 1 is as bad as the other here, yes he shouldnt have been abusive towards her but equally she did provoke a reaction by going out of her way to sent in negative comments for the group to see.

Why this ever made the papers I will never know. To be honest its stories like these which are the reason I do not read newspapers (with the expection of metro), it hasnt changed my opinion of the group at all. While I do not like the urban/RnB culture they represent I still enjoy some of their music and I still find them (Dappy in particular) to be reasonably funny when appearing on the show.

Not impressed with censorship

when I say I have no idea how it made the papers, obviously I know someone (her or someone close to her) contacted them (possibly for a bit of £££) and they jumped onto it.

My point is that, like 99% of the gash that appears in the papers, it isnt really a big story or worthy of being printed

Not impressed with censorship

the reason it made the papers is because the girl sold the story to the papers more then likely via max Clifford ! tosser

Yeah I expect he saw her coming. She'll be on the next Iceland advert and will be already signed up for the next I'm A Celebrity...

its a fascinating story....to start with no-one should object to a reasonable comment or criticism about a band or musician, and I cant see what would be wrong in giving the band the comments and text numbers of people who do make a comment. On one level we should be accountable for what we say and do, even online

Its a huge shame that Dappy couldnt cope with the criticism and felt the need to send such inappropriate texts to this stupid woman.

However I dont think R1 can ignore this kind of behaviour, I do wonder what kind of consequences will need to be put into place. Ban Dappy and his band for a period of time? Add a discalimer or comment about cyber bullying every time one of their songs gets played? Make Dappy make a public apology on Radio 1, acknowledging how unacceptable it is to issue death threats?

its a fascinating story....to start with no-one should object to a reasonable comment or criticism about a band or musician, and I cant see what would be wrong in giving the band the comments and text numbers of people who do make a comment. On one level we should be accountable for what we say and do, even online

Its a huge shame that Dappy couldnt cope with the criticism and felt the need to send such inappropriate texts to this stupid woman.

However I dont think R1 can ignore this kind of behaviour, I do wonder what kind of consequences will need to be put into place. Ban Dappy and his band for a period of time? Add a discalimer or comment about cyber bullying every time one of their songs gets played? Make Dappy make a public apology on Radio 1, acknowledging how unacceptable it is to issue death threats?

I think they have to stop playing/associating themselves with N-Dubz. To continue playing their records when it's been proven that the lead band member is a massive bully cannot sit alongside the good anti-bullying stuff they try to do. However I think they will continue to promote the band and I think that's very disappointing.

I may be wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion Jono has a problem with the N Dubz? ;)

Ya think? ;)

Have to say I agree, though, they just seem like total D-bags, and even before this they seemed like a bad copy of the Black Eyed Peas... who seem to me in turn to be trying (and failing, hard) to emulate Run DMC in some ways.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

some of their music tries to get some important messages across, as for banning music :rolleyes:

i think the last music R1 banned was 'Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax' because of it's homosexual overtones !

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLrXFw76Qg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLrXFw76Qg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

fuck censorship & fuck banning music because a few people don't like it :grrr:

the woman got her message to exactly who she wanted, she then sold the story to the papers & made a few bob.

:)

some of their music tries to get some important messages across,

You mean...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0FJ2EI9rQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0FJ2EI9rQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

N-Dubz's plans to break America have reportedly been stalled due to Dappy's criminal record.

The 22-year-old rapper, real name Dino Contostavlos, was sentenced to a suspended jail term in 2008 following a drunken altercation. According to The Sun, the conviction is now causing problems for his group, which has caught the eye of a number of US label bosses.

Bandmates Tulisa and Fazer are apparently in New York this weekend to meet LA Reid, the man behind Pink's success. However Dappy, who was recently at the centre of a bullying scandal, has been forced to remain in the UK.

An insider said: "This has been a massive setback. A lot of US label chiefs have been over to see the band and have been making serious noises about breaking N-Dubz in America.

"But Dappy has got a fairly colourful past, which is causing problems with the visa. He is gutted but he is confident it can all be sorted."

A team of top immigration lawyers has been hired to ensure the group's US dreams are not dashed.

LOL

etheridge_tom.png