Unofficial Mills

Daily Mail: N Dubz left abusive phone message

Jono

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sad state of affairs if Aled, Rachel, Piers and Co have to turn the text screens off through fear of an idiot guest sending horrible messages to listeners. Awful thing of Dappy to do, highly unprofessional and I sincerely hope their music dropped from Radio 1 and they have nothing more to do with The Chris Moyles Show.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I sincerely hope the producers of the show don't get problems from this, though the policy of displaying the source phone numbers with the texts needs reviewing. Dappy broke the law by taking the details down and using them personally, regardless of the intent - if he'd fancied the girl this would have been the same. This is what should be pursued and punished, nothing else.

I think these days with so many outlets for our comments (email, twitter, forums, etc, etc) and how they are actively solicited on the shows, it's easy to cross a line via a more direct route such as texting. For this reason I don't really have a problem with the originator, Chloe. I'm sure many people feel the same way about the band or people in it, without actually saying it publicly.

For the show, I hope this blows over. It's pretty irrelevant really what show this happened on. The simple fact is the DPA was breached actively by an individual, and this is what should be pursued.

Mistajam:

The ignorant media are having a field day with the Dappy story. Expect to see "gangsta rapper" and "grime star" in many news pieces... Badmouth the individual, not the scene. What he did was unacceptable but HE did it!

How did Dappy know how old this girl was going to be? The girl could have been younger and used a false age (as a lot do).

Also she didn't swear at him so why did he feel the need to resort to it?

The whole thing is unbelievable and so unprofessional!

Indeed, what would age have to do with it anyways?

My favourite line in the main BBC News story was: Despite making an apology through his management, who also offered her free N-Dubz concert tickets, Ms Moody said Dappy was yet to text her personally to say sorry.

Hmm yeah they obviously thought that one through so hard, offering tickets to someone who doesn't like the band...

Mistajam:

The ignorant media are having a field day with the Dappy story. Expect to see "gangsta rapper" and "grime star" in many news pieces... Badmouth the individual, not the scene. What he did was unacceptable but HE did it!

+1 for sense shown by someone in the industry at least...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Speaking of Mr Balls and BBC giving out contact details (indirectly or directly. When he was on BBC Radio Leeds he said he would contact everyone who asked a question on one matter (the one of my signature which coincidently got solved on Tuesday:D) and the presenter said they would pass the details on. To the date I've never had a reply!

Sam

Beatbullying has announced that it has no further plans to work with N-Dubz following the reports that band member Dappy sent a death threat to a Radio 1 listener.

Yesterday it emerged that Dappy, whose real name is Dino Contostavlos, sent threatening text messages and phone calls to the fan after she criticised the band.

The Sun reports that government-backed charity Beatbullying has now decided to drop the group from its campaign.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a196891/dappy-dropped-from-anti-bullying-charity.html

Y4Ar5.png

this is what happens when you give chavs a small dose of popularity, "I am dappy hear me roar!" he reminds me of andy pandy off've kids tv:-

andypandy_slideshow1_3851.jpg

dappy_300x300_crop_le.jpg

kick in the balls for ed, but what's done is done now. if it destroys his "career" then I won't complain.

on the grid.

She sent in a criticism of his music. He sent back a death threat. How is that justified?

I really don't mean to stick up for N-Dubz here because I agree that Dappy is an idiot for doing this.

However, the txt she sent in was a hell of a lot more than a criticism of his music. The Daily Mail said that she simply sent in a txt which said that she didn't like their new song. In actual fact, the txt was a foul-mouthed rant which labelled Dappy 'Vile', 'Repulsive' and a 'Bork' amongst other things. It was a positively nasty txt and I'm not surprised it provoked a reaction in Dappy as she's a really nasty piece of work.

Be careful of the Daily Mail, I really wouldn't take for granted everything they say. They are guilty of selective journalism - making her look the innocent victim when in fact the txt she sent into Radio 1 could just as easily have been classed as bullying as Dappy's reply. Remember there's two sides to every story. Not that anyone would guess that if they only read the Daily Mail.

I really don't mean to stick up for N-Dubz here because I agree that Dappy is an idiot for doing this.

However, the txt she sent in was a hell of a lot more than a criticism of his music. The Daily Mail said that she simply sent in a txt which said that she didn't like their new song. In actual fact, the txt was a foul-mouthed rant which labelled Dappy 'Vile', 'Repulsive' and a 'Bork' amongst other things. It was a positively nasty txt and I'm not surprised it provoked a reaction in Dappy as she's a really nasty piece of work.

Be careful of the Daily Mail, I really wouldn't take for granted everything they say. They are guilty of selective journalism - making her look the innocent victim when in fact the txt she sent into Radio 1 could just as easily have been classed as bullying as Dappy's reply. Remember there's two sides to every story. Not that anyone would guess that if they only read the Daily Mail.

The bottom line is Dappy should not have done that. He should be able to accept criticism been in the line of work he is. I don't imagine it was the worse text sent into Radio 1 that day. For example, he didn't read mine calling him a prick

take control

Remember there's two sides to every story. Not that anyone would guess that if they only read the Daily Mail.

I agree. I would have been more suspicious if Moyles had come out the true loser from it but luckily he did not. But there's not yet been a response from Aled and the quote from Dappy seems to suggest the events did happen.

However, the txt she sent in was a hell of a lot more than a criticism of his music. The Daily Mail said that she simply sent in a txt which said that she didn't like their new song. In actual fact, the txt was a foul-mouthed rant which labelled Dappy 'Vile', 'Repulsive' and a 'Bork' amongst other things.

To be fair to her, he is a vile, repulsive bork. He always has been. The guy is a dick and he probably needs more people to tell him so.