Unofficial Mills

Daily Mail: N Dubz left abusive phone message

Jono

Ban them and their music from the BBC. Job done.

This isn't another case of Daily Mail overreaction Alan. It's not just about criticising the BBC. The Mail article actually says clearly that Moyles was probably completely unaware of the situation. The problem is Dappy. If you can't trust him to behave himself, then he doesn't deserve any exposure from the radio station.

why ban their music ?

U2 got R1 & the BBC i trouble last year should they be banned also ?

if you want someone to blame them blame the producers of the show for letting the band near the screens where peoples phone numbers are displayed.

should every single person who does something wrong on the radio/tv get banned or sacked ?

i wonder how much money she got for selling the story to the papers ?

:)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want someone to blame them blame the producers of the show for letting the band near the screens where peoples phone numbers are displayed.

should every single person who does something wrong on the radio/tv get banned or sacked ?

But you just said it was an overreaction so why would you believe anyone was to "blame". Either there's an issue here or there isn't in your views?

i wonder how much money she got for selling the story to the papers ?

Well seeing as she's yet to appear in a newspaper it seems she won't have got anything.

Sounds like just the sort of thing the Daily Mail would suggest. Punish Aled and Rachel then, is that what you're suggesting?

Rationally speaking there shouldn't be a need to protect the text screen from guests because it should be taken for granted that a sensible person wouldn't dream of taking a number from it and verbally abusing a listener.

But you just said it was an overreaction so why would you believe anyone was to "blame". Either there's an issue here or there isn't in your views?

well as everyone is taking the papers side, it must be true.

Well seeing as she's yet to appear in a newspaper it seems she won't have got anything.

depends if she told the paper in the first place.

Sounds like just the sort of thing the Daily Mail would suggest. Punish Aled and Rachel then, is that what you're suggesting?

Rationally speaking there shouldn't be a need to protect the text screen from guests because it should be taken for granted that a sensible person wouldn't dream of taking a number from it and verbally abusing a listener.

well you know what happens when people take things for granted, today we are in a age where someone is always to blame, it's not Dappys fault he was able to view the screens is it ?

im not defending Dappy, the BBC will look for someone to take the blame thats all im saying.

well you know what happens when people take things for granted, today we are in a age where someone is always to blame, it's not Dappys fault he was able to view the screens is it ?

im not defending Dappy, the BBC will look for someone to take the blame thats all im saying.

So it is the producer in the wrong when a pop star with millions of young followers took a number from a computer, rang it himself out of the studio and left abuse on a young person's phone :rolleyes:

So it is the producer in the wrong when a pop star with millions of young followers took a number from a computer, rang it himself out of the studio and left abuse on a young person's phone :rolleyes:

i have already said that Dappy was wrong to phone her & i'm not saying that Aled or Rachel should take the blame as it's not their fault, however as i said above with the blame culture the press will want someone to blame at the BBC, thus the BBC will have to find someone to take the blame or be held accountable, do you really think the press or the BBC will sweep it under the carpet ?

it says in the quote from the Daily Fail

BBC bosses are now investigating why he was allowed near the computer screen listing listeners' personal details, and able to break data protection laws by copying it down.

you know what people & company's are like with data protection & when the data gets abused it's taken quite seriously.

i don't like N-dubz music much either, but calling for it to be banned because you don't like it is just :rolleyes:

It's not really anyone's fault. It's just one of those things. Sappy was well within his rights to respond however he chose. And he did so after the show was over rather than on air. It was a private conversation. If someone sent a criticism to me I would also expect to be able to respond. He should however have known better than to engage but he is only human after all.

The only possible problem is the infringement of the D.P.A. Although I'm sure the been lawyers will argue that since the message was meant for N-Dubz then the been were only acting as intermediaries in that regard.

Oh and I quite like N-Dubz music even if I wouldn't personally have a drink with them. And I'm really old and everything.

Hello all.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Bare in mind, this is the same Dappy whose entourage are getting arrested for sexual harrassment left, right and centre, once with the excuse "well she was sucking cocks" to defend their actions. The same Dappy who saw my friend, his friend and his friend's girlfriend taking a picture of the police van and, in his words, proceeded to point them out and force the entire entourage to surround them to take the phone and delete the pictures (likely by smashing it to pieces) whilst he jumped around like a spastic screaming "I AM DAPPY AND YOU WILL DESTROY ALL IMAGES OF ME IMMEDIATELY" before venue security intervened - leaving the phone in tact - and Fazer had to politely step in with a "oh God, not again" look on his face to ask that the pictures not be sold to a newspaper (and ironically, The Sun printed the story a few days later, with a picture of the police van from a completely different angle).

The guy is a fucking knob, no two ways about it. Just a giant grade-A cunt.

The Sun has posted an article as well stating it was text death threats, complete with a picture and copy of the texts.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2808922/Dappy-death-text-to-BBC-show-mum.html

So Alan is allowed to have his point about the girl making money. I don't think he could possibly have come to that conclusion from The Daily Mail's article though.

I think as far as things go it is a fair piece. Nowhere along the lines does it seemingly criticise Moyles.

Last November, Dappy joined Schools Secretary Ed Balls to launch a Government campaign against "cyber-bullying" over mobile phones and the internet.

At the time, Mr Balls welcomed the release of an N-Dubz track called "RU Cyber Safe" as part of anti-bullying week and hailed the group as "great ambassadors" in the fight against bullies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8461267.stm

D'oh.

Well, nice to know that my impression of him was correct. And on the whole ban them debate, they should be banned from studio appearances at least because dappy clearly can't be trusted. However, banning their music from the station would potentially damage record sales, and act as a severe punishment. Personally I see that as a good thing. But thats just me.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

EF4L on Fearne's death threat text:

i had a online stalker who tracked me from the R1 boards (where i got abuse) & started giving me abuse on the other forums i was on :(

EF4L on the death threat Dappy left:

i couldn't careless if they left messages on her voicemail, it's just none news & another excuse for the Daily Fail to moan about the BBC.

... The affair is particularly embarrassing to Mr Balls, who starred alongside Dappy at an anti-bullying event just two months ago.

"This text message was completely unacceptable and it is right that he has not only apologised, but accepted there was no excuse for his behaviour," the children's secretary said today.

"Every form of bullying must be stamped out, whether it's in the school playground, on the internet or via text message.

"I know that many artists work with Beatbullying because they genuinely want to use their influence with young people to campaign against bullying. But that starts with ensuring their own behaviour sets the right example."

The Tories said the situation was "unbelievable".

"Bullying is a serious problem and it's completely unacceptable for anyone to abuse people using text messages in this way," said shadow education minister Nick Gibb.

"It's unbelievable that Ed Balls jointly launched his anti-bullying campaign with N-Dubz just two months ago. Now he needs to show how serious he is about this issue by distancing himself from the people who engaged in this appalling behaviour."

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/culture-media-and-sport/ministers-wade-into-r-b-row-$1353539.htm

Surely he should be arrested, charges of harassment (leaving somebody multiple abusive voicemails and texts, saying it would only end if they apologised etc) and also breaching the Data Protection Act (stealing a phone number from R1 computers, that counts big time). Just proves what a monumental d*** he is to me, so much for being part of an anti-bullying campaign eh?

In the end he ASKED for what people thought, if he couldn't take the criticism he shouldn't have bothered.

Maybe now EVERYBODY should text in similar comments IF he's ever allowed on air again (which if you ask me, he shouldn't be)

Sadly I fear if his 'music' (I use the word loosely) was banned from Radio1, it would give more ammo to record companies who bitch about piracy too in a roundabout way (even though they make record profits year-on-year in most cases thanks to stuff like XFactor)....

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I already thought he was a total nobhead and this only proves it. I agree with a studio ban, can't believe that someone would actually be capable of taking someone's phone no. and use it to abuse them, that's a ****'s trick. I've heard some other people (not on UM) say she asked for it by sending the text in the first place, well I highly doubt she expected to get a response like this so how could she be asking for it?

It's not often I defend the Daily Fail but they weren't really having a go at the Beeb as usual with their article, although I wouldn't be surprised if they use it as a stick to beat with next time they fancy a bit of Beeb-bashing though :rolleyes:

And if their music should be banned it should be for the pure reason that it's rubbish

kyliewilson.png

political points scoring! it's Brand & Wossy all over again :rolleyes:

all the problems this country has & the MP's are worrying about this, fools.

Chloe Moody, 22, branded the band "losers" and singled out Dappy as "vile" and "a little boy with a silly hat".

fancy sending in a text like that to a radio station, how childish :rolleyes: once again i am not defending Dappy & he should have known better to have phoned/texted her.

of course she was going to sell the story.

political points scoring! it's Brand & Wossy all over again :rolleyes:

all the problems this country has & the MP's are worrying about this, fools.

fancy sending in a text like that to a radio station, how childish :rolleyes: once again i am not defending Dappy & he should have known better to have phoned/texted her.

of course she was going to sell the story, the chav.

Much as I'm not a fan of the Brand, and rarely if ever defend him, I do think that incident got a massive overreaction. At least he did what he did publicly and intended it as a joke (admittedly not really a funny one) with no genuine malice. Sachs even appealed at first that no-one make a big deal of it, and if he wasn't that bothered, why should anyone else be?

He asked for people to text in feedback, to me it seems it was him asking for it in the first place, probably going looking to pick a fight for all we know...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Pot kettle after seeing some of your posts about Piers Morgan. "He should call under a rock and die !" If he'd have been on the show I bet you'd have sent one.

The fact is he's a role model to some kids (supposedly) and he was in an anti-bullying texting campaign. He even broke a law. If he can't take criticism (like notable individuals on forums) he's in the wrong business.

She sent in a criticism of his music. He sent back a death threat. How is that justified? It's no Brand/Ross as we're not talking about anything broadcasted nor are we talking about complaining to OFCOM.

I hope I'm not pushing just my view forward on that but it seems a lot of the forum agree on this one.

well its getting them a lot of press for they new release

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0QFLZCH3FI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0QFLZCH3FI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

wouldn't surprise me if it were just a publicity stunt (Max Clifford is probably helping out) not a to bad song there, pity that Mr Hudson ruins it :hahaha:

Pot kettle after seeing some of your posts about Piers Morgan. "He should call under a rock and die !" If he'd have been on the show I bet you'd have sent one.

Piers is a slime ball, & no i wouldn't text it in the a radio show if he were on it (whats the point), i would rather say it in person.

(there are not many people/celebs i do not like, as for my views on Piers & the reason i do not like him, is down to what sort of a so called journalist writes offencive & critical stories about someones wife because the other stories he wrote about the husband (Jezza Clarkson) didn't have the desired affect, & thats why Jezza punched Piers in the face at a awards ceremony.)

*felt the need to post that*

everyone on here has had a dig or made a comment about some celeb they don't like, which is ok in a chat or discussion, it is very different to email/text/phone into a radio station in hoping that the band/singer/dj will see your message & maybe even read it out.

i bet there are loads of rude & offensive texts sent in to R1 about the guests & DJ's, should they have to put up with it ?

She sent in a criticism of his music. He sent back a death threat. How is that justified? It's no Brand/Ross as we're not talking about anything broadcasted nor are we talking about complaining to OFCOM.

she didn't say anything about this music though she said "they (the band) are losers" and singled out Dappy as "vile" and "a little boy with a silly hat"

i never said what he did was justified, i said he shouldn't have phoned/texted her & should have known better, in regards to the Brand/Wossy issue i'm talking about the MP's etc getting involved.

once again i will say that what Dappy did was wrong.