Unofficial Mills

Time for Florence to retire?

Andy Mac

Hello.

Don't get me wrong I think Florence seems like quite a nice girl, a little full of her self maybe, but sweet enough. However does anyone else feel it's time Radio 1 retires her? Maybe let Marina have a look in?

I know I am not alone as I remember a great letter on Dear Scott... regarding that evil version of Beyonce's "Halo" she recorded for Jo Whiley's (RIP) Live Lounge. That version is just awful, it really is.

I know Chris Moyles is getting tired of Flo... And I know children are starving in world and in the great scheme of things F.A.T.M. are low down but I am just excited to be on U.M. and wanted to post something!

Love Andy Mac (Derbys)

Hi mister. I missed her DJ action. She does seem nice girl actually. Did you know Andy Warhol went to her Mum and Dad's wedding? Well that is what she claims. I suppose I just think radio 1 got a bit carried away by her. I can't help thinking there is a touch of Emperor's New Clothes about Old Flo.

xx

Nooooo not Florence... if we were talking about some pop strumpet (Miley Cyprus or whatever her name is) or other bint who's trying to be half her age (Madge) then I'd agree. If there's any music artists that are full of themselves, it's the two I've mentioned among others.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Madge has lost her way somewhat, however Flo will never reach the hights of classics like "Into The Groove" Possibly the greatest pop song of all time?

xx

I think she's already reached that kind of level with You Got The Love, and there's definately more to come from her. I find it hard to rate much of anything Madonna did highly, (OK maybe Vogue and Like A Virgin... at a stretch) especially more recent stuff.

I think she is a current (for past year plus since I first heard her) celebrity crush for me too, amazing combination of great voice, flair, personality, great look etc, seemed a little nervous on Glasto coverage (a show which I think was also on her birthday) but I just find that cute.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Not that much of a fan of her music, but her musical taste is a different thing altogether... I also think the show she did for Zane yesterday was fantastic, never heard such a mixture of musical styles in one show on R1 - apart from perhaps with Peel many years past. I'm absolutely not putting her in the same league in case anyone jumps on me; just enjoyed the variety. Plus the speaky bits were also well done.

Madge has lost her way somewhat, however Flo will never reach the hights of classics like "Into The Groove" Possibly the greatest pop song of all time?

xx

Yep, even I would have to agree, for the moment anyway, she has lost her way... hopefully though there's still more to come... who knows... :)

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I love Flo, and I certainly don't think it's time for her to "retire". I do like Marina, but I do think she's just Kate Bush mark two (nothing wrong with that, just saying Florence seems to be more unique!).

Anyway, last year worked just fine in relation to female artists - Florence, Little Boots, La Roux and Lady Gaga all did just fine and they all had singles out at the same time as one another. She shouldn't need to step down when she's at her peak.

New artists like Paloma Faith are also getting recognition whilst Florence is on the scene, so she's not really threatening to these new artists in any way.

I'd also like to agree with Tim's comment! :D

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.