Unofficial Mills

did radio 1 get bored of dev?

popbitcher

matt edmondson taking over as a cover presenter must put bosses in a difficult position with what to do with dev. they must have wanted a presenter like greg when they brought dev to radio 1 but haven't quite managed it.

Daft thread to be honest. No Radio 1 haven't got bored of Dev as they have just given him a slot 5 days a week that is famous for nurturing young talent and I imagine Dev will still do cover work just that often as he does get up at 3am five days a week. I also expect Matt will only cover people at the weekends, for the time being at least.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Silly thread really. R1 have been short of cover presenters for a while now. Greg has gone to afternoons so he won't cover anyone else's shows, Chappers has left so he can't do shows with Dave, neither Jo nor Edith seem to be likely to do any weekday cover and Coxy will go on maternity leave later in the year.

Don't think Devs that bad at all, he's young, has alot to learn. Greg James wasn't that great when he first started, when he first did afternoons I wasn't impressed but the more I listen to him now, the more I like him, he's simply got better. Dev will too. Gregs daytime slot gave him alot

of confidence.

SamMillsBish.png

Greggs show is fast becoming one of the best! It's simple yet feels so different to all the others.

I think Dev suited Weekend Breakfast more than filling in on afternoons. Fearne is growing on me but it always feels a bit random and cheap!

I think when you look at all the shows at R1 it shows how important the relationship between producer(s) and presenter is to the quality of the show! Chris, Scott and Gregg are all seem very attached to theirs.

I dislike dev as a presenter. But i also dislike Fearne Cotton.

Who's worse? There's only one way to find out.

F... oh it's fearne cotton.

Awh I love Fearne lol I think she's awesome. If we're talking about DJs that we dislike, as much as I love her, I don't think Sarah Cox is that great.. sorry LOL