Unofficial Mills

Evans expects R2 breakfast audience to go up

Jono

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Alan likes him so maybe he's not so bad after all.

yes i do like him, he is a ok bloke,

i'm just not to keen on his now mellow dj style, it doesn't really suit him, i suppose you could say he has sold out, he always went against the grain & now he flows along with it, & i was a bit :rolleyes: when he commented on the departure of the head of R2 over the Wossy/Brand indecent, Evans seems to have a short memory because that was him a few years back.

i think that he will lose listeners & maybe just enough for Moyles to have more but it will be close, also expect complaints & the Fail to start a campaign against him also the Murdoch media.

:)

Chris Evans says he "can't wait" to start BBC Radio 2's breakfast show which he takes over on Monday.

Evans replaces Sir Terry Wogan who hosted the breakfast show for a total of 27 years over two spells, and had almost eight million listeners a week.

Evans said he would be delivering the same product as Sir Terry but in a "different way".

Referring to Sir Terry's loyal band of listeners, Evans said it would be a "family show for everyone".

<!-- E SF -->First song

Evans told BBC One's Andrew Marr Show: "It's like a footballer who gets through to a grand final.

"You're so nervous in the build-up, but once the whistle goes you do what you do, so I can't wait to get on to be honest."

<!-- S IBOX --> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="231"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">o.gif</td> <td class="sibtbg"> start_quote_rb.gifWe're going to play about the same amount of records as Terry, about the same variety of records as Terry end_quote_rb.gif

Chris Evans

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IBOX --> Evans said he had done six practice shows including a full dress rehearsal on Friday.

He had decided "ages ago" which song he would play first on the show, admitting he had a "little wobble" and thought about a different track but decided to stick with his original choice.

Evans said he was not worried about how Sir Terry's listenership - the so-called TOGs (Terry's Old Geezers and Girls) - would react to the new presenter.

He said: "Let's forget the names, and let's do a show for everyone. If you're seven, or 107, or anywhere in between or either side, we want to do a family show, that the family can listen to."

'Spread of music'

Evans added: "As far as the music's concerned, we're going to play about the same amount of records as Terry, about the same variety of records as Terry.

"Tomorrow we'll have records on that are over 50 years old. We have a beautiful spread of music."

Evans' new show will begin 30 minutes earlier, starting at 0700 GMT. The news will be read by Moira Stuart, who left the BBC in 2007.

Evans has been presenting Radio 2's drivetime show since April 2006. He also hosted Radio 1's breakfast show until January 1997.

Wake Up to Wogan was the UK's most popular breakfast radio show, with 7.93 million listeners each week.

Sir Terry will host a new Sunday show from February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8450461.stm

james_ryder.png

yeah i watched Andrew Marr this morning Evans seemed quite excited,

i may give R2 listen when im on the way to work in the car & no i won't be changing from R1 because i listen to Classic FM on the way to work (it helps calm & slow me down :giggle: ) i will listen to Moyles when i arrive.

I might curiously check out the iPlayer but I'm not fussed about it. It's still Radio 2.

:eek: yeah right "curiously check out the iPlayer" you will be listening as soon as the show starts, you are going to burst with excitement :hahaha:

Well due to the annoyance of those sodding N Dubz competitions I have turned over. It's a better alternative to Wogan in terms of choice for young 'uns but it doesn't sound invigorating. I've tuned in to hear some Bristolian shouting "I'M CRAZY!" talking about hot water bottles. Wogan's fans will turn in their future graves. Moira is a darling though.

I think that's probably best. I know Viv doesn't like my posting style as I don't like hers (Viv, don't post some rubbish about how we love each other really, we're not in a Disney film) - let's just carry on as normal.

We're not in a disney film, no... unfortunately, you often feel like an on-line version of the texas chainsaw massacre!! :!:

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

listened to about half a hour this morning on the way in, it seems he has tried to build a team but the traffic woman seems to 'get it' but the other bloke 'doesn't' he sounds a bit uncomfortable being in a team, the three cheers for Stewart sounded way cheesy.

i dunno not enough to make me turn over, i miss the old Evans he had that special something but it seems as if he has run out now.

time will tell