Unofficial Mills

Say goodbye to Chappers

Jono

I'm really gutted about this, the show won't be the same without a grumpy old man like Chappers.

We're going to miss you. We all know you really love us, you just have a hard time expressing your feelings.

Nobody could possibly replace you and your sarcastic comments will be missed.

And in order to not make this sound like an obituary, I will wish you good luck with any future projects.

Have fun and take care :)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so disappointed to hear this news... I listen to the show every day, and it always feels like there is something missing when any of the trio are away. But I cope with it knowing that they'll be back in a couple of days. Chappers brings great laughs to the show, it's a real shame to see him go, but I understand he's moving into further sports coverage. You're brill Chappers, good luck whatever you decide to do! I'll miss you.

It's a great shame to hear Chappers is off. Chappers played an important role in the show for me from day one and he's a name I have grown up listening to since the days of Sara Cox's breakfast show.

Since Unofficial Mills began he's always been the biggest critic - we're told in a lovable way - but it was always his mentions about the website that brought in the biggest crowd!

It was his quick thinking jokes, ease at finding flaws in Scott's debates and grumpiness that kept the whole family amused.

I am pleased to say I had an opportunity to meet him on work experience and go to several Chappers and Dave gigs which seem likely to end now (all of my friends at the UEA claimed the last gig was 'legendary' - even though we've forgotten most of it due to drink).

Chappers and Dave's shows made Christmas and holidays for me for several years and on the rare occurrence he would sit in solo you could always guarantee he'd find something to moan about or an anecdote to tell until normality returned.

It seems at last Chappers is off to fulfil his ambition to dance as we discovered he wanted to do at the musical. He'll be deeply missed by many fans of the show but judging by his work in the sporting world his career is just taking a new successful direction.

For me a massive part of the show, and Radio 1, has now gone and it never could be replaced.

Real shame this is. Scott and Chappers complement each other really well on the radio. I think Chappers has got a pretty similar sense of humour to me so I often found myself chuckling at one of his throwaway remarks.

Best of luck Chappers. Hope to hear from you more on Five Live and ESPN.

When I just heard this news on Twitter, I was instantly saddened. Chappers, you are a much, much, much better presenter than Scott. You had a nice, dry sense of humour, and you were not childish, like Scott is. It will be impossible for them to find a replacement that even comes close to matching you, as you are unique. I will mow never listen to the Scott Mills show ever again (I mean it) as it will never be the same without you. I really wish you weren't leaving, and wish you good luck in your future job.

I cant believe Chappers is leaving the show ive been listening to the Scott mills show now for 2 years and its been amazing.

Chappers was so good with scott he could come up with hilarious put downs and keep everybody laughing, He could brighten up a boring journey home and his prank calls were always the funniest.

His grumpy attitude gave him something special and he could make fun of himself or scott or becky and when it was just scott and chappers on there own they were brilliant together they just knew how to have a laugh.

Chappers will be missed greatly from the show and i hope what ever his future holds he will always be succesfull in what he does because he is a great sports presenter.

we will miss you chappers

Shame to see you go Chappers, I will miss your humour and sarcasm and i think its safe to say the show won't be the same again.

Your sports bulletins often brought a smile to my face. For the past few years I've come home to listen to you wind Scott up and constantly mock his orangenes.

Good luck on ESPN, looking forward to seeing you appearing on the T.V more often.

God knows how camp the show is going to be now with just Scott and Beccy!!

All the best, you will be missed.

I've been listening to the Scott Mills show since September 2008 and all I've ever known on the show are you, Scott and Beccy. Now that you're going it simply won't be the same. Your grumpy but witty humour will not be replaced by anyone. Good luck on ESPN, but try and do some freeview channels as well because I don't get ESPN (Doh!). Recently I've started getting your premier league podcast so I can hear you on there. You'll be missed!

Absolutely devasted that Chappers is leaving, the show will never be the same again. For me I don't really think I'll listen to the show really anymore, Scott really needs Chappers to bounce off and as others have said Chappers leaving would be like Dave leaving moyles which would be unthinkable. Also think it's a disgrace that his departure is not getting a proper build up, Chappers is a Radio 1 legend and for me deserves a proper send off and dosent deserve to leave like this

Even though I knew it was coming it still sounds unbelievable! I remeber Chappers first emerging as a regular "sidekick" with Coxy and he was amazing then. Then when Scott took over from Coxy on Drive they instantly had that bond that has grown stronger and mde the shows ever since.

Im sad that Chappers hasnt had a proper send off as he is a R1 legend! But at the end of the day I guess he isnt the presenter, and this is probably the way he wanted it too!

Good luck in everything, and keep the freelance books open for some Chappers and dave cover shows!!

I do worry for Scotts show - just wont be the same no matter what they do this chnages thinsg quite a lot!