Chippy

Which would you buy  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy

• I will buy Joe's song (X Factor)
    • Rage Against the Machine
    • Other
    • None

but I just can't help but feel for Joe - he will be the first winner not to go straight to number one

feel a bit for Joe, :rolleyes: screw Joe! if he actually had any singing talent he wouldn't have had to go on x-faktor.

a number one in the UK singles chart means nothing since x-faktor has been on the tv, it has nothing to do with music or talent, its all about marketing & which contestant can make the most money for Simon & Co in the shortest amount of time, its as simple as that !

it will be the same next year & so on as each new crop of tweenie's gets sucked into it, i'm glad i don't watch itv at all

itv = tv for the lowest common denominator !

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel a bit for Joe, :rolleyes: screw Joe! if he actually had any singing talent he wouldn't have had to go on x-faktor.

a number one in the UK singles chart means nothing since x-faktor has been on the tv, it has nothing to do with music or talent, its all about marketing & which contestant can make the most money for Simon & Co in the shortest amount of time, its as simple as that !

it will be the same next year & so on as each new crop of tweenie's gets sucked into it, i'm glad i don't watch itv at all

itv = tv for the lowest common denominator !

If Joes first single was a new song and not a cover, it wouldn't be so bad. Granted that singers/bands/groups do cover songs at first to get themselves started but releasing a cover song to start a music career feels like plagarism. I wonder how Miley Cyrus feels her version of the song reached no11 in the UK charts where Joe will acheive at least no2.

Think Joe will win the battle on the basis that he has a wider target audience than RATM.

If Joes first single was a new song and not a cover, it wouldn't be so bad. Granted that singers/bands/groups do cover songs at first to get themselves started but releasing a cover song to start a music career feels like plagarism. I wonder how Miley Cyrus feels her version of the song reached no11 in the UK charts where Joe will acheive at least no2.

Think Joe will win the battle on the basis that he has a wider target audience than RATM.

It's not really plagiarism if credit is given. In the insert of Joe's CD it says that the song was written by Jessica Alexander and Jon Mabe. Acknowledgement is given here, so it's fine.

I am proud to say I purchased it earlier. :D

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

It annoys me that the xfactor winner always gets the christmas number 1 now but thats just the way it is. If there was a better more popular song than Joes then i would be happy for it to be number 1 but the RATM thing is just a stupid protest vote thats pointless.

Joe will be number 1.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

She'll get plenty of money for it to compensate, so I doubt she'll mind.

I'm more amused by Cheryl Cole (the c*nt) saying it'd be a sad state of affairs if a US song like Rage got to #1, as if a cover of an American song is ever so slightly better.

The guy seems nice enough, but he's not a rock fan and he clearly doesn't like Rage, so he can fuck off.

Sales no longer count for Christmas number one...the phone lines are closed...the votes are in...tomorrow Scott will reveal who has number 1.

Things I found out today:

RATM will donating money they make to charity.

If RATM get number 1 then they will hold a free concert in the UK.

Y4Ar5.png

OK. I'm happy. Very happy. I don't have anything against Joe, but i am just happy that this x factor spell has been broken. Its strangle hold that it had on the charts is now at an end. The great British public have united and overthrown this manufactured monopoly. Now can we unite to overthrow the lying bastards in parliament?

take control