Unofficial Mills

Happy Thanksgiving, Unofficial Mills!

phoenix

So today is the American holiday Thanksgiving, which is a day where you are supposed to have a huge meal with all your family. Tomorrow is Black Friday.

Black Friday is the biggest day for retail out of the whole year, because everybody goes Christmas shopping. Most stores open at 5 am, there are huge lines and stampedes, completely packed stores, even fistfights. Last year some people died at Walmart when they were trampled, it made the national news. I know someone who has worked retail on Black Friday and seen fights in the store. All the stores have big sales. I go shopping on this day and I have never seen a fight, but I hear it happens.

I was just wondering what you UKers think of this.

http://www.black-friday.net/

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday-Store-Hours

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

So we don't have Black Friday here (UK), but most people have days off in the month before Christmas to do their shopping, all schools + teachers have a day off at least.

For everyone to go shopping on this one day will have good and bad points. Loads of money for the shops, but to have that amount of people all squashed together is just a bad idea (for the reasons you have said) wouldn't a weekend be better?

+ We have had stampedes when shops open for big sales and loads of people want to get bargains :)

Y4Ar5.png

I am very happy that it is Thanksgiving today because my bitchy colleague, who happens to be an American, took the day off, so I didn't have to put up with her all day.

I think everyone going shopping on the same day is bound to be a bad idea. I'd much rather shop on a quiet evening when the shops are open late night.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'