Unofficial Mills

The Posh Radio 4 Lady Bio

Chippy

Kathy Clugston is a newsreader and continuity announcer on BBC Radio 4 and the BBC World Service. She began working on Radio 4 in 2006, and first read the evening news shift in 2007. In April 2008 she began newsreading duties on the flagship Today programme.

Born in Belfast, Kathy attended Methodist College and then studied French and Russian at Queens University Belfast. The degree course entailed a period in France and a year in Voronezh, Russia. While at University, she was very active in the drama society, playing leading roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Private Lives and Buried Child, among many others, and directed L'Alouette (The Lark) by Jean Anouilh.

Clugston worked as a continuity announcer at BBC Northern Ireland from 1996 to 2003, announcing for BBC One Northern Ireland, BBC Two Northern Ireland, and appearing as one of three in-vision announcers on BBC Choice Northern Ireland between 1999 and 2001. She also lent her voice to the BBC Northern Ireland animated comedy series The Folks on the Hill.

Prior to starting at Radio 4, Kathy Clugston spent some years in Amsterdam, working at Radio Netherlands. The Clugston name is believed to be a sept of the clan Stewart.

Kathy is "The Posh Radio 4 Lady" on Scott Mills' drivetime radio show on BBC Radio 1 who reads the emails from listeners. More recently she took part in 'Scott Mills The Musical' in her role of "Posh Radio 4 Lady".<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference"></sup>

Attunement.png

Kathy Clugston is a newsreader and continuity announcer on BBC Radio 4 and the BBC World Service<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>. She began working on Radio 4 in 2006, and first read the evening news shift in 2007. In April 2008 she began newsreading duties on the flagship Today programme.

Born in Belfast, Kathy attended Methodist College and then studied French and Russian at Queens University Belfast. The degree course entailed a period in France and a year in Voronezh, Russia. While at University, she was very active in the drama society, playing leading roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Private Lives and Buried Child, among many others, and directed L'Alouette (The Lark) by Jean Anouilh.

Clugston worked as a continuity announcer at BBC Northern Ireland from 1996 to 2003, announcing for BBC One Northern Ireland, BBC Two Northern Ireland, and appearing as one of three in-vision announcers on BBC Choice Northern Ireland between 1999 and 2001. She also lent her voice to the BBC Northern Ireland animated comedy series The Folks on the Hill.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup>

Prior to starting at Radio 4, Kathy Clugston spent some years in Amsterdam, working at Radio Netherlands. The Clugston name is believed to be a sept of the clan Stewart.

Kathy is "The Posh Radio 4 Lady" on Scott Mills' drivetime radio show on BBC Radio 1 who reads the emails from listeners. More recently she took part in 'Scott Mills The Musical' in her role of "Posh Radio 4 Lady".<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>

Hello Wikipedia.

Sam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OMG I would love my Sat Nav to say that!!! haha. She should record some of those just for us!!! I will be looking up the Tom Tom website tonight to find out if I can get PR4L on mine!

My brother has her on his tom tom so im gonna steal the voice file for my sat nav. :D

james_ryder.png

• 1 month later...

Here's some things...

You can look at her IMDB entry: http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm3042844/

Doesn't list the Mills show, only some TV show off of Ireland.

You could learn English by listening to her read 12 Months by Marian Keyes: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pons.de%2Fprodukte%2F3-12-561546-1%2F&sl=de&tl=en

You could even hire her for voice-over work: http://www.voiceovers.co.uk/kathy.clugston/

Kathy's dulcet tones can be heard on many shows on the Crime & Investigation Network too - I'll try and make a note of the actual programmes I hear her on from now on.

I think she's on now - Crime & Investigation Network - Snapped:Women Who Kill.

Maybe someone could listen in and double-check for me?

IMDB lists the narrator as Laura San Giacomo, but I think it's been re-voiced for the UK market as Laura is from New Jersey, and there's no way the woman doing the voice-over is!! :)