Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show Tour

Jono

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.... here's my take on events.... If I had to do a topic, it would be entitled, "A Nightmare On Fruit Street".

The time of entrance to the venue had been changed from 6 pm to 7 pm. And, right here, is where some problems began. The crowd had to stand for such a long time, and several people around me had commented on it. Luckily, it was a sunny evening.

The tour bus pulled up at 10 to 7. Aled randomly showed up in the car-park, looking like an advert for Bold Automatic Washing Powder, with a remarkably bright, white top.

Somone in the queue gave him an orange balloon, which he said looked like "a willy". My picture of him will shortly be in my profile. Aled had a hurried "vibe" off him. Also found him to be a little remote and detached.

Eventually, we got in to a building called the City Halls, which I found rather devoid of atmosphere. There were no seats, and I randomly decided to sit on the floor!! This didn't actually concern me incidentally. R1 had pretty coloured lights going round and round. If you looked closely enough, btw, some of the lights kind of looked like melons - a kind of fruit connection really.

The crowd had little time to bond and chat, before the music off the R1 playlist was launched upon us. Aled was jumping up and down, shouting "C'mon Glasgow", but people weren't responding particularly well.

Moyles was late on stage, appearing at 8:05 pm... He did far too much talking, IMO. I just wanted to get on with hearing songs. I found I did not like Chris in reality, finding him harsh and brittle.

Aled sang next.

Dom appeared on stage, and he was the one I liked best: he looked like such a lost soul, but performed very well. Well done!!! :-)

I'm afraid I actually left the venue at 9 pm. I was very grateful to have received tickets, but would say the evening lacked energy and spirit. An evening with no soul.

Marks out of 10 = 3 :-/

Incidentally, there was a moyles.net in the queue smack in front of me (the irony!!) - surprisingly a very nice person - a newbie - who gave me some Red Bull - thank you!!!

Viv must be spending her day in a cell.

Incidentally, I think I would have been happier in a cell.

It's odd you should say that, because we were actually almost arrested before the venue - we were in a Spanish tapas bar, and were chatting so hard, we got up and walked off without paying the bill (oops).... the waiter had to chase us across the floor, shouting at us!!

O, and there was a wasp/bee attracted to my perfume, so I had to keep jumping in and out of the queue!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Yes, I had realised that!!! :-)

BTW, he can run very fast, and managed to cross the car-park in approx 5 seconds flat.

Pictures are now in my profile album.. album is entitled, "A Nightmare On Fruit Street" :-) There's a pic of Aled.

I applied but wasn't lucky enough to get tickets.

Believe me, that was lucky!! :)

I'm sure too, judging by comments on here, and on moyles.net, and aled.info, people have enjoyed it!! And that's a good thing!! :-)

Unfortunately, when I review stuff, I'll just tell it like I see/saw it!! I appreciate the travelling gang members have done around the country, how tired they must have felt, etc., etc. But for people who work in the entertainment industry, I found the evening to be remarkably unentertaining!! Also, a young fair-haired lad beside me had shouted in my ear that he was "losing the will to live".

My entertainment came from staring up at the ceiling looking at the coloured lights. This was the highlight. ;-)

I'm not prepared to give something a sugar-coating, just because others think I should.

Yeh, I guess I would have liked some Madonna - why not. :-)

I enjoyed the rest of my day out!! This was just the low point of it, that's all!!!

Incidentally, my review is actually quite polite ....I waited an extra day before posting.... there's a lot I haven't said - I'll leave the unsaid to speak 1,000 words though!!

Just because you didn't enjoy it Viv. Ima sure that there's a lot of people who did.

I did enjoy Dom.... Oh, and the ceiling.

Believe me, considering the length of time waiting outside, I was v. grateful for the floor!!

I purposely stood near the back as well, so I could make a sharp exit from the building!! Forgot to say that!! :-) Didn't see Matt Fincham, or Comedy Dave, or Rachel.

It would have been good actually, if all team members had stepped out on stage at the start, said hello, then sang all their songs seperately. Waiting on each, individual member was quite irritating and drawn out.

The effort by R1 in organising / travelling / performing, etc. is so appreciated, but, if I had to go to something again, it would be a different kind of venue, that's all. :-)