Unofficial Mills

New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

Guest inxces4308

I'd imagine Nihal will leave, lets hope anyway.

Regarding producers....I'd imagine that Neil will go with Greg and Fincham will probably become the early breakfast producer for Dev. Then Ediths producer and Whileys producer may go with them to weekends....

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inxces4308
Jono he is on nearly every sunday during the football season with 606

Nearly every sunday?

Says it all really.

@therealnihal:

Yo yo yo, it's all good, Jo whiley is great and I'm not disappearing from Radio 1, just evolving into somethin nu an exciting 4 me.

Decoded means.......I have absolutely nothing and have no idea what i'm to do yet....

If ever there needed to be proof that Radio One cares more about looks, age and image over talent, the promotion for Fearne Cotton to 10am is all the proof you ever need. There's no way in hell that she was hired for her talent, unless she's been showing off some tasty tongue tricks we never knew about. I'm no Jo Whiley fan but you might as well have replaced her with an ironing board.

Greg's promotion is more well deserved and they need to ready him for when he eventually takes the drive-time slot once Scott moves to breakfast or leaves the station. I just worry that Radio One is going to brainwash him to DJ more like Fearne and Grimmy than Mills and Moyles.

Will jo be live on the weekends or pre record? jo has three young children,jo probably sees them more on the weekend than any other time.

Gutted about the jo whiley move and to be replaced by fearne cotton.

just read moyles twitter he's does'nt seem happy about fearne replacing jo,not sure if he's joking or not,as he said he had heard annie mac was to replace jo.

My goodness- the long awaited schedule shake-up is finally here! On a Thursday?

Glad to see Jo go- in my opinion she is about 4 or 5 years past her best- and I know from many years on the daytime boards etc that I'm not alone in this. Fearne? Not for me. Am very surprised that she has taken on a weekday show- I always saw radio as a bit of a sideline for her to the TV work. Not a massive fan, could have been worse though! Really glad for Greg to be replacing Edith- he deserves a daytime slot as everyone has been saying for a while. Think I prefer Edith at weekends though, like her when she first came back from maternity.

Gutted about Nihal- I really like his show, and would much prefer him to stay than the Whiley weekend show!

Overall, I'm glad they've had a bit of a shake-up, but I'd prefer Coxy on weekday mornings and to keep Nihal weekend afetrnoons.

caitlynmac.png

Interesting developments. I certainly enjoyed Fearne when she covered for Edith last year. Would still prefer Sara to get that slot but never mind. Shame Edith's leaving but from what little I've heard Greg should be good. Gutted Nihal is leaving weekends though.

Oh my god!!

Wasn't expecting to read this this morning! I'm really chuffed for Greg, and i think Fearne will do really well in the 10-1 slot, and i imagine that if she's going away for filming or whatever, that coxy will fill in for her. I'm really suprised that Jo and Edith are moving, and quite dissapointed that Nihal is leaving the weekend shows, but i guess with their recent births it's been on the cards for a while. I'm guessing that Nihal will become Scott's cover, Although maybe we're going to see a lot more of Vernon On Breakfast?

Overall, i'm quite looking forward to the new schedules :D

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

gutted they're gettin rid of Nihal's show at the weekend and replacing it with quite possibly the most irritating presenter they have on payroll. Hopefully he'll be Scott's cover for wen he's off instead.

I'd like to think if Chris is off for whatever reason we'll get Vernon as cover with the team. As much as Scott's show is very good, I don't think we hear enough Vernon on the radio.

Very glad that Greg's got himself a daytime slot as well, because of working early I was hearing him way back at the start of that show and he's definitly earned his new show

Not impressed with censorship

just read moyles twitter he's does'nt seem happy about fearne replacing jo,not sure if he's joking or not,as he said he had heard annie mac was to replace jo.
Erm...I do not see any tweet from Moyles concerning the new schedule?!
Nihal did say on twitter that he's not dissapearing from Radio 1 completely, and that he can't say anything about it yet :/
Well, he will stay on his Asian Beats show with Bobby Friction. Don't think he will do anything else on Radio 1, but maybe on other BBC stations or other projects.

unique...

Guest inxces4308
Erm...I do not see any tweet from Moyles concerning the new schedule?!

Well, he will stay on his Asian Beats show with Bobby Friction. Don't think he will do anything else on Radio 1, but maybe on other BBC stations or other projects.

Me neither, either they are making sh*t up or being retarded and reading a fake Moyles twitter page.

Maybe it's the fake @chrlsdjmoyles?
...who is really bad. Even Annie Mac was replying to him last weekend, and I had to search for about ten minutes until I found the difference...

Edit:

Edith on Twitter...does it sound honest? They surely know about these changes for a while, don't they. Seems to me that in public she desperately wants to appear happy with the change...

@gregjames Yo Mr.. MAssive congrats. you'll be awesome x x

unique...

Glad the live lounge is staying on weekdays, but I fear we might see more of the cover presenter than Fearne! Will the Live Lounge albums carry on? Hope so! I'm gutted Jo is getting a lesser slot especially as she clashes with Dermot O'Leary on radio2. I think she'll join radio 2 soon though, she seems the natural replacment for Ken Bruce imo, maybe she'll take the live lounge with her? Would anyone had rather Jo keep the live lounge on her weekend slot?

Im also wondering how Reggie will fare solo. Glad to see Greg promoted but I wonder who'll cover for Scott from now on, Chops and beccy? Or Vern or Sara? Won't miss Nihal though tbh

I wonder how Chris Moyles kept his slot when this shake-up was clearly to youthen the station up.