Unofficial Mills

New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

Without being too dramatic I think this move could kill his career, it did Edith's. I think radio 1 should drop movies altogether or give James King his own slot

How did it kill Edith's career exactly? She's been presenting the show solo for four years (I think) and presents festival coverage for BBC TV, which I assume she will continue to do for some time to come.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first major change since I've started listening. To be honest I only uually listen weekdays 4-7, randomly at the weekends and of course the chart show. Greg- Scott handovers will be good I hope.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I would hope if they are also going to do gaming on his new show, it will have a similar set up to Jo's current show with the various experts coming in on differnt days. I couldnt bear another wall to wall movies show 5 days a week, however I cold happily live with 5 shows a week each concentrating on differnt elements of entertainment.

talking about games on the radio is a pointless exercise, same way as having Top Gear on the radio.

Edith has always had a interest in movies as she has done loads of red carpet stuff for stations other than the BBC before her radio show started talking about movies.

Greg- Scott handovers will be good I hope.

enjoy them while they last, because this time next year we will be discussing the new presenters of The Breakfast Show & Drivetime !

:)

My first major change since I've started listening. To be honest I only uually listen weekdays 4-7, randomly at the weekends and of course the chart show. Greg- Scott handovers will be good I hope.

If they do them. Scott has always played two songs at the start of a show and has never done handovers with Edith.

Fake Andy Parfitts twitter amuses me

The 3.15 fact machine has spoken. "Nihal, it didn't really work on weekends".about 3 hours ago from web

Still not sure why we've given that bloke from Coronation Street early breakfast.about 8 hours ago from web

Trying to avoid Jo Whiley's calls and concerned we'll need a regular dep for Fearne Cotton, her show attendence is usually about 41%.about 9 hours ago from web

james_ryder.png

How did it kill Edith's career exactly? She's been presenting the show solo for four years (I think) and presents festival coverage for BBC TV, which I assume she will continue to do for some time to come.

She's possibly one of the most unpopular dj's on the internet, behind Jon Gaunt, she's now being shoved to weekends, I honestly think that Edith would be much more popular and still a weekday daytime Radio1 dj if they hadn't turned her into the movies show.

should have been greg 4-0630-moyles 0630-1000-coxy 10-1 -edith 1-4-mills 4-7-zane- 7-9-colin murray 9-10-grimmy 10-12

ferne shouldnt be at radio1.

however nihal is a good decision to get rid off him.

feel sorry for coxy, she is excellent and she seems to cover for anyone and everyone but she never seems to get an actual good slot.

glad mills and moyles have kept their slots

Sara has had good slots before and had to move on.

Scott is never there at 4 to do a handover since he's usually having some 'fresh air' lol

Am so excited that Greg's been promoted!!!! Will be interesting what he'll bring into Edith's slot.

I wondered when someone would come and squee about Greg with me :D

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Sara has had good slots before and had to move on.

Scott is never there at 4 to do a handover since he's usually having some 'fresh air' lol

I wondered when someone would come and squee about Greg with me :D

Was getting a lot of people asking me about it. It will be GREAT waking up in the morning everyday. He's now my Moyles in the morning.

She's possibly one of the most unpopular dj's on the internet, behind Jon Gaunt, she's now being shoved to weekends, I honestly think that Edith would be much more popular and still a weekday daytime Radio1 dj if they hadn't turned her into the movies show.

If she was so unpopular, her show would have been dropped years ago. Fair enough I didn't like all the movies chat, but it still doesn't detract from her personality and clearly many other listeners did like the movies segments.

She's been presenting 1-4 on weekdays for five years now, three of those years by herself. That's a long run by Radio 1 standards.

Originally Posted by cxx666

k******d

A what?

K**b head, I'm never too sure what the rules on language are like on various forums

Whats going to happen to Producer Neil? I presume he will stay on earlies with Dev or move somewhere totally different?

I'd hope he gos with Greg, although he doesnt do much talking on air its always nice to hear theres clearly a bit of banter between the pair and they seem to work well from having listened to the morning show

Not impressed with censorship

If she was so unpopular, her show would have been dropped years ago. Fair enough I didn't like all the movies chat, but it still doesn't detract from her personality and clearly many other listeners did like the movies segments.

She's been presenting 1-4 on weekdays for five years now, three of those years by herself. That's a long run by Radio 1 standards.

people have always hated Edith because she took over from Jk & Joal,

people have always hated Fear because they see her as a TV presenter & not a DJ who is passionate about music, it's just a job to people now.

nothing against Greg & & Fearne but i h hope the changes fail miserably just to prove point that the R1 bosses have simply caved into the other media company's & have no idea how to run the BBC's flagship radio station let alone one of the best radio stations in the world.

:)

Also, does anyone else think that Huw would have been good replacement for Jo?

Yes, because I like him better than Fearne. But then there wouldn't be any female daytime DJ's and that would be sad. There are already too many male DJ's at Radio 1. I think that is the only negative thing about Greg taking Edith's slot.