Unofficial Mills

New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inxces4308

I wonder how Chris Moyles kept his slot when this shake-up was clearly to youthen the station up.

Its not a difficult thing to work out why.

Chris pulls in the listeners. He doesn't just pull in the older audience, he pulls in the target audience and below.

He is also one of the biggest radio personalities in the UK at this moment in time and as yet is unrivaled at what he does.

The show is also a 'bludy great show'.

Guest inxces4308
Maybe Edith wanted to spend more time with her kids?

Or maybe its just the BBC cracking to public pressure....Although saying that i'm glad they are getting rid of them both because I prefer people like Greg on-air.

However, surely Greg & Fearne are going to feel that its all because of the public pressure and not there on-air style.

I was a bit shocked when I heard this. It'll be great to listen to Greg on afternoons but I'll miss Nihal on weekends. And I don't really know what I think about Fearne. I don't really like her, but maybe she'll be better without Reggie.

Guest inxces4308

Vernon making sure everybody definatly knows:

@officialvernonkay:

Just so you know ..I aint moving from Saturdays on radio1! A lot of changes have been made but I'm staying put and love it!!

I'm not too sure about the new changes, especially the whole Fearne and Jo Whiley kerfuffle. How can they take Jo Whiley away from the Live Lounge?! Unless it was Jo's idea to have less shows, I really feel they've made a bad decision. I'm sure Fearne has a more successful career waiting in television rather than radio? I mean, as much as I love her, putting her on day time is a bad decision.

I do like to listen to Nihal at the weekend, but I do only listen in the background so I don't really have much of an opinion on this change.

I'm proper chuffed for Greg to be on weekday afternoons, though! He's truly earnt the promotion and he'll hopefully gain lots of new fans now. I also think it's a good idea to put Dev on Early Breakfast, it's a great opportunity for both of them!

I think the Radio One controllers are focusing too much on this target audience lark. I feel they're changing their line-up purely based on age related aspects, and not the DJ's talents and their unique characteristics that they bring to the station.

Still waiting to hear from Edith fan...
Alan is going to be gutted

i knew people would be waiting on a response from me (did try via mobie but it didn't work).

firstly surprised by the choice of Fearne in for Jo, i like Fearne & think she is a pretty good DJ, but she is more suitable for light shows like chart etc, the live lounge show is a big thing on R1 & i'm not sure she can do it as good as Jo & Fearne already has had people not to keen on her on the radio as it is & she is going to be under enormous pressure, but she won't succeed because people are just going to moan etc, i would have thought that Edith or Lauren would have been much better at the live lounge.

now on to Greg, i don't listen (never heard it) to his early show as im sleeping, & the first time i heard Greg covering for Scott i thought someone had changed the channel, when he covers for Scott i don't even bother listening really as he seems to be very bland & childish, with his "FLASH FLASH" thing & his poor attempts at humor he come across like JK & Joal or even Dick & Dom & if the format is still the same as Edith is doing now then, well i don't know what to say but it will be dire i think as he doesn't seem to have the right sort of personality, as for the guest interviews !

i know you will just think im saying this because i like Edith, but im not i genuinely don't get Greg, im also not sold on the "it will be going after the target audience as the show will not only have movies but we will be incorporating computer games", now forgive me but do schools allow pupils to listen to the radio in lessons ?

i will give Gregs show a chance, but he has to improve immensely before september, or i will unfortunately have to switch over.

Fearne would have been the better choice.

:)

Now on to Greg, i don't listen (never heard it) to his early show as im sleeping, & the first time i heard Greg covering for Scott i thought someone had changed the channel, when he covers for Scott i don't even bother listening really as he seems to be very bland & childish, with his "FLASH FLASH" thing & his poor attempts at humor he come across like JK & Joal or even Dick & Dom & if the format is still the same as Edith is doing now then, well i don't know what to say but it will be dire i think as he doesn't seem to have the right sort of personality, as for the guest interviews

i know you will just think im saying this because i like Edith, but im not i genuinely don't get Greg, im also not sold on the "it will be going after the target audience as the show will not only have movies but we will be incorporating computer games", now forgive me but do schools allow pupils to listen to the radio in lessons ?

Flash flash works on the early breakfast show really well. It's a daft thing to either wake you up or go to bed as people are usually really tired. Doesn't work as well on Scott's but then he doesn't cover all the time. I know I text in to complain when he forgets lol.

Greg will be fine, he will look into making the show his own and won't take any of Edith's features I expect as people will say he doesn't do them as well. He also has a loyal following of fans who will follow him or listen back/download podcasts when he moves in September.

Some schools finish at 3.10 so if he did it after that it should be fine.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Flash flash works on the early breakfast show really well. It's a daft thing to either wake you up or go to bed as people are usually really tired. Doesn't work as well on Scott's but then he doesn't cover all the time. I know I text in to complain when he forgets lol.

Greg will be fine, he will look into making the show his own and won't take any of Edith's features I expect as people will say he doesn't do them as well. He also has a loyal following of fans who will follow him or listen back/download podcasts when he moves in September.

Some schools finish at 3.10 so if he did it after that it should be fine.

i just don't see how he has fans though, i just don't get him, as people have often said Edith is boring & bland & yet they like Greg but he is even worse (to me) he is probably a nice guy if you met him but the radio, i dunno he is the same as Fearne, cheeky, light & has a childlike way but that seems to work for Fearne, maybe is a sex thing as she is a woman & males like that better, but i thought women like men to be older & more mature ?

i don't want this to come across like some sort of character assassination, i'm just being honest & i would say exactly the same thing if he was doing any other show, i have a real fear that i will be turning off at 1pm from september.

with these changes i really fear for what will happen when Moyles leaves the breakfast show & R1 as a whole, i accept that change happens & that im getting older thus not the target audience, but do teens etc today really want presenters with no depth or passion for music instead of actual radio disc jockeys.

i just really hope that it was Edith's choice to move, however i suspect that Edith as well as Jo were told to take the weekend or have their contracts run down.

i agree with the CBBC radio comment above.

may have to change my username to G*H*4L lol

:)

Guest inxces4308
Greg doing movies?

Without being too dramatic I think this move could kill his career, it did Edith's. I think radio 1 should drop movies altogether or give James King his own slot

4-7 Saturday?

1-4 Friday?

6-7 Friday?

How about never? I like that idea.

Personally I think Edith goes OTT on the movies front. I think Greg will be a lot less about movies, although obviously it will be part of the show.

I would hope if they are also going to do gaming on his new show, it will have a similar set up to Jo's current show with the various experts coming in on differnt days. I couldnt bear another wall to wall movies show 5 days a week, however I cold happily live with 5 shows a week each concentrating on differnt elements of entertainment.

I bet Gordon (not so) Smart is feeling a right k******d now after printing his so called "exclusive"

Not impressed with censorship

Guest inxces4308
k******d

A what?

I would hope if they are also going to do gaming on his new show, it will have a similar set up to Jo's current show with the various experts coming in on differnt days. I couldnt bear another wall to wall movies show 5 days a week, however I cold happily live with 5 shows a week each concentrating on differnt elements of entertainment.

Yeah, i'd agree with that. It can be far too much at times.