Unofficial Mills

New male voiceover on Radio 1

jimbos

I heard them for the 1st time this morning too, not good. Next it will be Get up with the BBC's Moyles, Get Home with the BBC's Mills, And stay up with the BBC's Grimshaw. Then it will be changed to Get up with the BBC, Get Home with the BBC, And stay up with the BBC.

Sam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't see why everyone's complaining.

Every other station has emphasis on the BBC - even local radio put emphasis on the BBC. Eg, BBC Newcastle is not just called Radio Newcastle any more.

It's still BBC Radio Norfolk here. They're not taking away the radio from our name ;)

BBC Radio Devon here. Anyway, I'm used to the new V/O now. Holly started in October, so she'll have to go soon

She'll go next year wont she? They alternate between changing the male and female v/o each year so they are on for 2 years. When she does change, I would like Katie off of the INMWT voice overs.

She'll go next year wont she? They alternate between changing the male and female v/o each year so they are on for 2 years. When she does change, I would like Katie off of the INMWT voice overs.

So would I. When she was doing V/O's for nick grimshaw's show, announcing a bed by saying 'Nick Grimshaw, BBC Radio 1', that was great. Have you heard Grimmy's male V/O? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m42fp/Nick_Grimshaw_20_08_2009/

Listen from about 11:02

Newly posted on Music4 today, are the July 1tros, not very many, and not that good.

http://www.music4.com/musicservices/catalogue/615/bbc-radio-1/1tros-july-2009.html

Music4 at their best here! Big Weekend Imaging http://www.music4.com/musicservices/catalogue/611/bbc-radio-1/big-weekend-themes.html

Wonder what the new newsbeat jingles will sound like next year? A remix of the 2002 ones would be nice. I'm getting a bit bored of the current ones. Has anyone got a clean 2002 intro? If you have, can you pleas post it on the site thanks

Guest inxces4308

They are the same standard as normal, nothing wrong with them. The montage dosen't do it justice though.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Radio 1 dropped them in the next few months or early next year. They have been around for a while now and probably need something 'new' in its place.

The thing is with the Newsbeat and 1tros, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? I can understand wanting to keep them fresh, but there's still live in the highly recognisable Newsbeat theme, and the 1tros do a good job of integrating the Radio 1 logo in to the station sounds. I like the 1tro montages, and wonder if actually montages could be used as a soundtrack to advertisements maybe on BBC Three of the station: and they're updated each month to reflect what the station plays.

Though I just had a HORRIFIC thought: they'll add 3 more notes to the logo so it's BBC Radio 1. It wouldn't surprise me, sadly.

However, I suppose it may be time to try something a bit more 'new' with the imaging - it's not really evolved in recent time.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Guest inxces4308
Though I just had a HORRIFIC thought: they'll add 3 more notes to the logo so it's BBC Radio 1. It wouldn't surprise me, sadly.

As I said, they will probably add something 'new' or remove them/rest them.

The Station imaging is fine

Really?! Are you still listening to the old radio 1?

I do like the 1tros, before it was news outs so you couldnt hear the start of a damn song anyway

Have you heard their new FX's, it's getting worse and worse!

http://www.wisebuddah.com/?p=page&id=326&refer=

It's just a collection of noise!

No, they're used in between stuff, and sound very good. Obviously I haven't listened to it, but I assume this is what you mean.

Guest inxces4308

Have you heard their new FX's, it's getting worse and worse!

http://www.wisebuddah.com/?p=page&id=326&refer=

It's just a collection of noise!

Thats exactly what they are. FX are noises made into other noises and sounds.

Radio 1 don't just use X-Gen, they also use there custom package from Noise Fusion. There custom package is the main package you hear, although its being phased out from listening to there new awful imaging.

Is Hayles gonna be the new female V/O? I've not heard her before. She sounds great! Is it me, or are Radio 1 just picking out random people for V/O's

Is it bad that I heard Hayley on the Reading/Leeds trail and thought "the new Holly from Maidstone?!?!? :O"

They do that. I just heard that, and she sounds talented

hayley sorry