Unofficial Mills

New male voiceover on Radio 1

jimbos

I've actually got used to it now.

I agree with what someone else has said, and he does sound a bit gay.

The imaging does sound too upbeat. Here's the headline bed

Its been like that for months now, its the spaceship effect as Moyles called it in January.

james_ryder.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually got used to it now.

I agree with what someone else has said, and he does sound a bit gay.

The imaging does sound too upbeat. Here's the headline bed

That sounds so much better! I can't stand the current male voiceover, i've actually switched off Radio 1 in daytimes now because i'm just annoyed at how corporate it's sounding.

The BBC Radio 1 bit doesn't fit in with newsbeat and it sounds so out of place "Digital, FM, Online, This, This is BBC Radio 1" "BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat". The voiceover sounds too tacky for Radio 1, bring back the other dude who suited Radio 1 very well.

The whole BBC Radio 1 thing is horrible. I heard it on Edith Bowman's intro today. "Edith Bowman. BBC Radio 1". Its too long IMO. Why fix what isn't broken!?

My only hope is they don't fiddle with Moyles' jingles as International Radio 1 sounds better than BBC Radio 1. WTF was wrong with National Radio 1 or just Radio 1. I know when I hear 'Radio 1', I know it's BBC, so why are they changing it.

Having a listen back to some jingles on Music 4 back to 1998 they were using Radio 1. 11 years on and they're changing it. I don't like where it's heading, I know it sounds utterly stupid but what I liked about Radio 1 was the familiarisation of saying the jingles, especially Newsbeat's.

My only hope is they don't fiddle with Moyles' jingles as International Radio 1 sounds better than BBC Radio 1. WTF was wrong with National Radio 1 or just Radio 1. I know when I hear 'Radio 1', I know it's BBC, so why are they changing it.

Because not everybody does, because some people according to a survey. I would assume.

I doubt Moyles' jingles will be played with. He seems obviously not a fan of the 'BBC' being forced in to all the intros, taking the piss and criticising as far as he can (being a BBC paid host, after all).

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Guest inxces4308
Sometimes I think that the new male voice overs sound like the old old voice over (the one which was on the back up tape during the power cut).

?

I think there are poor but wouldn't go that far. The 'old old' voiceovers where scottish, David doesn't sound Scottish. Just crap.

Also is Gregg on the Jo Whiley voiceovers?
Isn't that a food shop?

*cough* Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

A NOTTINGHAM student has become the voice of Radio 1.

David Walker, who will soon graduate from a multimedia degree at Nottingham Trent University, has recorded a number of promotional clips for the station.

He initially entered a competition to be the voice of the Student Radio Awards ceremony but came second place.

Despite the disappointment, David, who is the station manager for the University's Fly FM, was approached by one of the judges.

"He asked me if I'd like to try out to be the new station voice of Radio 1, so a few months later I had an audition and thankfully was successful. I'm now the male voice for all their daytime production. I've been to the studios to record it all. When you hear snippets such as 'This is Radio 1', it's me!"

He added: "I would like a career in broadcast and this is a great start for me. From September I'm Students' Union president for a year and then who knows what's next."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/entertainmentnews/m-voice-Radio-1/article-1190386-detail/article.html

Guest inxces4308

Hmmm....You actually meen this link:

https://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc01.asp?s=GktVsYDaNlCOtQqCli&jobid=28606,5623652341&key=19099371&c=138735577188&pagestamp=sepqwltqoqqbrnklna

Its not an imaging creating job looking at it, its more just managing staff so thats me out then.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm used to this now

I did notice the Big Weekend was referred to as 'BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend' on the promos and logos this year so it wouldn't surprise me. Heard a promo for Switch today as well and they used the full name.

When was the last time Radio 1 emphasised the BBC part of their name?

Probably 2004, with their news bed. I uploaded it onto youtube. Check out my youtube channel too. Anyway in 04, the news bed said 'BBC RADIO 1 , NEWSBEAT'. LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnDdGTu6aQw&feature=channel_page
I'm pretty sure they advertise it as "BBC Radio 1 at Download" too.

I was starting to wonder whether the female voiceover who does a lot of the INMWT voiceovers was going to get more involved with the station - she's now doing stuff for Grimmy's show.

It's not Holly doing INMWT. They have a seperate male and female voiceovers for that.
Good god it does sound like Dave with some weird reverb. Wow, they really have gone for bland. One would assume they just couldn't afford Jody Latham! Never mind it'll grow on us I'm sure.

Turns out it's this chap - a student who is doing the voices: http://twitter.com/d_c_w/

I think they're going for the young sounding idea. They'll end up bringing that squeeky girl back from a few years ago too no doubt ;)

Do you mean the 2005 one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Z4lGW0TkA&feature=related I liked her

Or the 2004 one, although she only says radio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnDdGTu6aQw

• 2 weeks later...
I know I heard that this morning and it sounded rubbish. They should stick with international radio 1

I was about to put that. Moyles jingles dont sound right ending BBC. they should stay with international it makes it sound like they are loacalising to uk rather than advertising the show as internationally liked

james_ryder.png

Guest inxces4308

It sounds ok but won't sound as big in other countries.

Its as if they are trying to sell the fact its BBC to american listeners too!

They need to get over themselves.