Unofficial Mills

More video trials to take place this summer

Jono

Texting through the console sounds very cool. But the mobile stuff doesn't sound like something many people will get to experience. Dave's log wasn't too good last time round - hopefully that will be improved on.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave's log took far too long to appear, think it went through that many people checking it for content?

It just seemed to load up from the start which wasn't that interesting when you're tuning in at 8.30am.

Guest inxces4308

I remember them saying on-air that Dave had to send an email to somebody next door (live lounge) of what he wanted to say each time, then somebody behind the console has to publish the dam thing.

I think they gave up by the end of the week in the end.

Six weeks... of Switch.

SIX... WEEKS... of SWITCH.

SIX... WHOLE WEEKS... of the most HORRENDOUS, SOUL-DESTROYINGLY AWFUL RADIO SHOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH.

I can't think of anything that I'd rather do less than watch Nick Grimshaw and his silly whiny TV voice encouraging Annie Mac and the other drones in the studio to sing "he's got his whole face in a bowl". Maybe, at a push, I'd be inclined to choose it over using a rusty fork to anally pleasure myself before pulling it out and jamming it into my eye repeatedly, over and over again whilst shouting "what's in the bowl" until the last drip of blood has left my cold, lifeless body.

Six weeks of Moyles sounds better, at least.

(Just in case the message was lost in translation: I am not a fan of Switch. You might not have picked that up from the post)

Six weeks... of Switch.

SIX... WEEKS... of SWITCH.

SIX... WHOLE WEEKS... of the most HORRENDOUS, SOUL-DESTROYINGLY AWFUL RADIO SHOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH.

I can't think of anything that I'd rather do less than watch Nick Grimshaw and his silly whiny TV voice encouraging Annie Mac and the other drones in the studio to sing "he's got his whole face in a bowl". Maybe, at a push, I'd be inclined to choose it over using a rusty fork to anally pleasure myself before pulling it out and jamming it into my eye repeatedly, over and over again whilst shouting "what's in the bowl" until the last drip of blood has left my cold, lifeless body.

(Just in case the message was lost in translation: I am not a fan of Switch. You might not have picked that up from the post)

Well theres an easy answer to that DONT WATCH IT!

james_ryder.png

Seeing as Switch is on a Sunday night only it's only six shows - it's not too much to be wound up about.

Definately. I watched last time it was in video wasnt too bad a show. As I said before dont like it dont watch it. It was a bit of an extreme way to say they didnt like it

james_ryder.png

The Simon Mayo console has been live this week and I've been impressed. The usage of flicking between videos and pictures during interviews is a good technique as well as the text messaging system. They also have snippets from the news and their show log seems just right.

The Simon Mayo console has been live this week and I've been impressed. The usage of flicking between videos and pictures during interviews is a good technique as well as the text messaging system. They also have snippets from the news and their show log seems just right.

I checked it out yesterday for 20mins to see how it was. It seemed to run smoothly and the text function was quite good. The news features were quite good too just small and informative headlines.

james_ryder.png

Maybe, at a push, I'd be inclined to choose it over using a rusty fork to anally pleasure myself before pulling it out and jamming it into my eye repeatedly, over and over again whilst shouting "what's in the bowl" until the last drip of blood has left my cold, lifeless body.

I fear you may have sociopathic tendencies.

BTW, I got a DVD called "Half Light" this week, and the guy in that looks remarkably like you. It's really odd. The same dark clothes and intense facial expressions!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

No, the red button on freeview costs A LOT. There isnt the money for that.

In the future though, possibly.

You say that but actually Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo are on the Red Button tonight from a special OB they did earlier that looked like the same studio technology.

Guest inxces4308
If Moyles & co are being filmed for the next 6 weeks does that mean Chris and team are not going on holiday in those six weeks

Was that not a dumb question?

If Moyles & co are being filmed for the next 6 weeks does that mean Chris and team are not going on holiday in those six weeks

Just because they're being filmed for six weeks doesn't mean they're not going away - I'm rather looking forward to seeing Comedy Dave on the diveboard, Chris putting on the sun cream and Carrie topping up her tan.

You say that but actually Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo are on the Red Button tonight from a special OB they did earlier that looked like the same studio technology.

The Kermode/Mayo OB on Friday did use the same Visualisation console. Whether the cameras etc were the same is another matter, and as it was an OB from across the country so it may have been different. So the web aspect of it would have been the same, but the filming/delivery may not have been.

Though, I look forward toward the radio labs team and what modules they make for it. I think one of the interesting ideas I've heard, though is a way off, would be for Live Lounge performances to show the video, with the chart rundown for it to automatically pull the data for it when they're doing it... it's the other half of the console where the interesting stuff will happen.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

The Kermode/Mayo OB on Friday did use the same Visualisation console. Whether the cameras etc were the same is another matter, and as it was an OB from across the country so it may have been different. So the web aspect of it would have been the same, but the filming/delivery may not have been.

It certainly looked very similar on the television and when they cut to an audience you couldn't see any camera men operating where you would expect them to be. But yes, there could be more to it. I'm sure it took as much work as they did with the Mills show on BBC Three however it doesn't necessarily have to take effort or be a work of art for a trial.

Just because they're being filmed for six weeks doesn't mean they're not going away - I'm rather looking forward to seeing Comedy Dave on the diveboard, Chris putting on the sun cream and Carrie topping up her tan.

your sarcasm is noted

My point was that maybe they be on air all 6wks or maybe Scott will be in for a week but for the purposes of video I doubt but you never know

james_ryder.png