Unofficial Mills

JK and Joel back on the radio

Guest inxces4308

• 2 weeks later...

Former Radio 1 chart show hosts JK and Joel are covering Simon Logan's breakfast show this week on Radio Aire.

The duo started life together at Hull's Viking FM and say they are glad to be back in Yorkshire. JK said: "It’s going to be a right laugh coming back to Yorkshire for the week, we had such good times in Hull and we love Leeds. It’s an amazing city."

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.4767.17

They are on Radio Aire this week as well. Which is the worst Radio station in the country. They can only afford 2 full time DJs!

From what they said in that interview for the Guardian a year ago, they are ILR DJs at heart and its what JK and Joel are happy doing.

I just hope to god they get a permanant show soon! Seems such a waste of talent...No chance they will ever return to R1 though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JK & Joel have signed up to be the new breakfast show presenters at 96.3 Radio Aire in Leeds. The former Radio One presenters have will takeover the breakfast show in Leeds from 20 July.

They’ll replace Simon Logan who has decided to take some time out of the industry following 11 years at the station.

Joel said: “I’m delighted to be coming back to my Yorkshire roots! JK and I are really looking forward to connecting with the people of Leeds and creating a must-listen-to breakfast show.”

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.4932