Unofficial Mills

Jono's review of Day 2 of the Big Weekend 2009

Jono

bigweekend_front.jpg

Another day of Radio 1's Big Weekend and it was just as good as the first. Upon opening my hotel curtains the sun beamed through the window and it kept out until the last few hours of the day. Once again there just wasn't time to visit everything the event had to offer but we had a good stab at it. I had a chat with Aled and Nihal - two of the nicest guys at Radio 1 and we also saw another glamorous girl in the Surgery tent in the form of Alesha Dixon. My question about Chris Moyles' parody went down a storm and she gave her own rendition of the track. Highlights of the musical treats included White Lies, Lily Allen, The Prodigy (I'm a newly converted fan!) and Tinchy Stryder. The nice weather made the backstage area even more exciting to visit as lots of performers, DJs and their friends and families piled into the exclusive zone. Even though this time we left the festival as the event was wrapping up Swindon's master plan for the perfect bus system remained organised. We got back to the town in record time and went in search of more unhealthy food... Thank you Swindon - you were brilliant!