Scott Mills - The Musical

Jono

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked out flights but they don't do night flights from Edinborough to Derby so I'll have to wait for the next morning and it will cost even more for a hotel room. So it's either fly and spend the night homeless, get the train for £100 or risk my life hitching there and back. Non of the options are particularly appealing.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I don't quite get this: if you know when the musical will be (once the dates are finally announced), then you should be able to book advance APEX fares, no? Which wouldn't cost £100.00 :-/

ermm... what's an APEX fare? I'll look into it.

An APEX fare is an advance fare. It's where you decide on specific times for trains, and you must keep to these times... It makes the tickets cheaper. National Rail Enquiries = 0871 200 4950. Virgin trains = 0845 722 2333.

Also, will National Express not do journeys from the midlands? 0871 781 8181.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

An APEX fare is an advance fare. It's where you decide on specific times for trains, and you must keep to these times... It makes the tickets cheaper. National Rail Enquiries = 0871 200 4950. Virgin trains = 0845 722 2333.

Also, will National Express not do journeys from the midlands? 0871 781 8181.

Cheers Viv, I will look into it when I get home :)

Rob- might be worth while for you to get a 16-25 rail card- they cost about £25 for a year and you get 1/3 off rail fares.

Hmmm I'm not sure, this will be the first time I;ve used a train in about 4 years. Might be handy next year when I go to uni though.

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> My storyline for the musical...

Scott Mills decides to take the team on a holiday to Syndney for the forthcoming Sydney-oke competition after the success of Barryoke. Unfortunately the private jet of Mills runs out of fuel above a tropical island just outside of New Zealand and the plane plummets into the sand. (At this point I must point out this programme is based on no popular television programmes presently around.)

The race is on for Scott Mills to become reunited with Beccy, Chappers and The One That Doesn’t Speak. They were put in a different part of the plane while Scott Mills flew in his own ‘first class’ version of his private jet and the two parts had broken up in different parts of the island.

As the two groups search for each other, Scott is left fighting off some real life pirates played by Jo Whiley and Greg James who have taken a shine to Scott’s sparkling teeth and believe he knows where there is buried treasure. This is where a special appearance comes from Napoleon the Parrot, who never one to miss out on a joke, constantly sings ‘Come Fly With Me’ much to Scott’s disapproval. As he races through the forests of the tropical island he is presented with various tricky shapes which he has to dive through in a silver spandex suit a la Hole In The Wall.

Throughout Scott’s battle with the pirates, and as Beccy, Chappers and The One That Doesn’t Speak search for Scott, they continue to flash back to points throughout their lives and launch into song.

The plot develops as Scott Mills struggles to search for food in the sea, only to find swimming out of the sea a challenge, requiring a certain Baywatch character in the form of David Hasselhoff to come save him. Scott also bumps into a local living on the island who is played by Zane Lowe and this leads to an impromptu performance by Breaks Co-Op in search of 'The Otherside'. (Remember them?)

The story ends with a fairy godmother granting Scott three wishes. She is played by Wing. Scott ruins his first two opportunities by asking for fake tan – despite already being on a hot tropical island – and secondly asking for wine. His third and final wish is to be taken back to Britain and by chance a cruise ship spots Scott’s sparkling teeth and comes to the rescue.

Alternative ending: http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?t=12260&page=2#16

bravo - forgive me for ignorance but what is breaks co-op? :D

http://www.breaksco-op.co.uk/

They were a band Zane Lowe formed but I don't think he's in it these days. Played the triangle or something in 'The Otherside' which was on the Radio 1 playlist several years back. They used to use it for beds for Random Act of Kindness too...

Oooh. I like very very much. You have been working hard Mr Read. Can I understudy for Fairy Godmother part please? I have a particularly 'interesting' singing voice too; or so I've been told...

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I like this Jono. When they crashed into the island, I was expecting you to say it was going to turn all Lord of the Flies where Scott and Beccy are having to battle against the two evil ones, TOWDS and Chappers. It would be a bit too gory though if TOWDS put wings head on a stick in the ground!

I especially like the 3 wishes part. As long as its fake tan before wine for Scotty as applying the tan while wined is never a good thing.

Methinks for musical purposes they would have to fill the bottles with lemonade. I dare say if it was actual wine they might regret leaving it around the theatre.

Methinks for musical purposes they would have to fill the bottles with lemonade. I dare say if it was actual wine they might regret leaving it around the theatre.

Being Scottish I can assure you that all unattended alcohol in Scotland will be drunk.

Is that a bad thing for a slightly low-budget musical? Maybe all audience should be given Buckfast before the show.

We only drink Buckfast, or 'Buckie' if you will, al fresco in bus shelters and parks. We will gladly accept cider though. Not that Magners rubbish though White Lightening or cheaper ftw. But we are also easily amused so the cheapo musical will humour us nonetheless. We do find Billy Connelly funny afterall.