The Sun: Moyles to lose the breakfast show

Jono

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder.....I think there must be more to this story. By printing it on the front page in the sun the bbc have no choice but to deny it, but it will be interesting to see what happens later in the year.

it sounds like there are big plans to reshuffle the R1 lineup and not everyone is happy about this so they have leaked information which may or may not be completely true. In some respects Chris is one of the safest shows..but if the bbc need to cut costs and offer him a lower salary than he is on now, what will Chris do? Accept a pay cut or leave? And in the interview with ben and andy the other day they did say they werent that worried about high listening figures!

Think of countdown on channel 4, they got rid of Carol Vorderman, by offering her a reduced salary...and yet the show is still really popular!

Im afraid I dont automatically believe the bbc press office.

Which is a shame, Moyles might be irritating sometimes but I like his show especially the way he says what he thinks even if its not always completely politically correct.

I'd be gutted to lose Moyles from breakfast. The problem Radio 1 have with such a successful breakfast show is that if they leave him there, he will gradually become too old and fall further out of touch with the target audience, and if he goes, the show will lose huge numbers of listeners. But do we know for sure that a reshuffle is happening at all?

I just went onto the sun website to see if they had made anymore lies up and i had a look at the comments and found it quite funny about how stupid some of their readers are! They really seem to believe everything they read in their choice of paper. Have a look at the link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/mysun/comment/view.page?storyId=2382811&submissionId=835509

Also thanks Aled for clearing it all up!

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

Guest inxces4308

This is worthy of capitals:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRIS TO TALK ABOUT THIS ON MONDAY!!

Let Chris' arse kicking of The Sun commence. I think he could mention Hillsborough and how they constantly dig up shi*te that isn't true....If Chris dosn't say anything then I think he could well sue over this one, this is personally damaging to his career compared to other reports, it has been on the BBC news all day.

Although this: ''The reports of my (radio) death are greatly exaggerated ...'' (Twitter) dosen't fill me with great confidence.

I'm sorry you as fans, and we as a team who love making the show are getting dragged in to journalistic agendas.

!

doesn't bother me, i quite enjoy ripping into the Daily Fail & Sun *trying to think a alternative name for the sun :| *

i also believe what Aled has said over that bloke from the paper, however Aled has to be careful what he lets on, & in regards to Scott doing the show it's only for temporary cover.

:)

doesn't bother me, i quite enjoy ripping into the Daily Fail & Sun *trying to think a alternative name for the sun :| *

The Scum?

I imagine a typical Scott response would be to avoid talking of it but cheekily saying something like 'now you know chris moyles - is he still on?'

I would imagine he could have said that on Monday, if he was there of course!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Maybe Chappers could. 'It's half six and this is The Scott Mills Show. Chappers here, Scott is just having a glass of wine, first here's some gay disco...'

Maybe throw in a 'chris is off, you've probably seen the headlines over the week, so it's the scott mills show from now on'.

Guest inxces4308
Maybe Chappers could. 'It's half six and this is The Scott Mills Show. Chappers here, Scott is just having a glass of wine, first here's some gay disco...'

Maybe throw in a 'chris is off, you've probably seen the headlines over the week, so it's the scott mills show from now on'.

Yeah, that kind of thing. It would be a better 2 fingers up to the media.

Like he did when Chris was in the afternoons, after a World Cup match?
No idea, haven't heard it before.

No idea, haven't heard it before.

I tried finding it on Moyles.net but its no there. The idea was after a world cup match involving england, chris said he would get drunk instead of doing his show. At 3pm (the old start time for the drive slot) a pre-rec of Scott came on saying he didn't think Chris would go ahead with it, so Scott is here to fill in. It was whilst Scott was on early breakfast - back in the day

take control

Moyles NOT off his brekkie!

LISTEN up RADIO 1 breakfast show fans-it doesn't look like DJ CHRIS MOYLES is going anywhere.

Colleagues rallied around him yesterday after reports he's facing the chop from his top-rated show in September.

moyles_200tear_35509a.jpg

And my pic, above right, shows gay Torchwood star JOHN BARROWMAN is a big fan too after he gave Chris a kiss when he appeared on Chris Moyles' Quiz Night on Channel 4 at 10pm tonight.

ALED HAYDN JONES, who produces the radio show, said: "Don't worry. There are no plans to move us."

Drivetime presenter SCOTT MILLS, tipped to replace Chris, added: "Chris is NOT going anywhere any time soon."

And the man himself also laughed it off by declaring on his Twitter page yesterday: "The reports of my (radio) death are greatly exaggerated."

But that didn't stop a flurry of internet activity, with groups being set up to SAVE CHRIS.

With seven million listeners Beeb bosses better tread carefully as Chris is the country's favourite DJ.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/270998/Moyles-NOT-off-his-brekkie.html

Oops look like they might have got Scott's quote from Twitter ;)