Unofficial Mills

Ask TOTDS Anything!

Are you bored of it now?

We'll play Bang On Trend instead then.

My hero <3

Question number 2 or 3, lost count

I applied for work experience at Radio 1 last month, how many people do you usually get in?

(And I know the chances are I won't be in for Scott's show but then again I don't know how it works :) )

Y4Ar5.png

The 'mike on' webcams yesterday were fascinating, though I didn't get to see it all due to work... Any chance of that whole show being put on the iplayer or website for those that didn't see it?

Also, is Scott always such a fidget as he is when sat at the desk...?

1. That could be possible. Not a bad idea at all.

2. Yes - he is a real fidget!

My hero <3

Question number 2 or 3, lost count

I applied for work experience at Radio 1 last month, how many people do you usually get in?

(And I know the chances are I won't be in for Scott's show but then again I don't know how it works :) )

I don't know the number of people who apply for Work Exp - although I know it's a lot!

Fingers crossed for you. We don't generally have a loads of Work Experience people around - but the idea is that if you get chosen you'll get some good insight into how it all works rather than just how to make tea like you do at some places!

Fingers crossed for you. We don't generally have a loads of Work Experience people around - but the idea is that if you get chosen you'll get some good insight into how it all works rather than just how to make tea like you do at some places!

Sounds good :D And then I will take the step from broadcasting to 10 people at hospital radio to a few more at Radio1!

Y4Ar5.png

Did you feel self conscious 'speaking' yesterday? Do you think you'll lose your clout because you've done so?

How lovely is the PR4L?

Did you know that various people I speak to on Twitter have rather a crush on you after hearing you speak yesterday?

Do you use Twitter really? Maybe you should be renamed The One that Doesn't Speak on Twitter 'cos we've heard you on R1 cams now?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

.................pretty, pretty please with sugar on top? ;)

Hahaha. Ta Kirsty.

Yup I would like Timmy Trendy mix to be devoted to me daaaarling.

Oh more Qs.

Who writes the lyrics to the projects like Scott Mills the Musical and Timmy Trendy? Is it you?

Who wrote the music for SMTM? It was pretty good.

Do you have any more plans for the lovely Joe?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'll ask a serious one now.

We all know that the amount of texts and emails Scott gets is pretty high. So, if someone had a idea for the show that really shouldn't be missed, what is the best way to get the idea in?

I haven't got a fabulous idea, but I thought I'd put it out there =]

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Who writes the lyrics to the projects like Scott Mills the Musical and Timmy Trendy? Is it you?

Who wrote the music for SMTM? It was pretty good.

Do you have any more plans for the lovely Joe?

Timmy Trendy lyrics were by Beccy and me.

SMTM was a mixture of me, a rather brilliant guy called Desmond O'Connor, and Paul Christie - one of our listeners (he wrote My Pinot Grigio).

I'd love to do more with Joe - he's a top bloke and horribly talented! - maybe the movie is next!

I would have LOVED a whole ten people when I did Hospital Radio. I was lucky to get 4 or 5! Do they like Jim Reeves and Frank Sinatra in your hospital?

Well to be honest I think 10 was an exaggeration, during the whole time I have been there not 1 patient has phoned up to request a song :shock: (and it's free!)

With every bed having a TV and the option of most local radio stations (+BBCs) I doubt there is anyone listening at all sometimes. In the end of the day it looks good on my CV for uni so tis all good :)

As for the songs, I don't know the names of half the people who are played but I think we have the odd Sinatra and of course (the legend) Barry White <3

How long did you do hospital radio for TOWDS, and what did you do after...other stations/uni?

Y4Ar5.png

I'll ask a serious one now.

We all know that the amount of texts and emails Scott gets is pretty high. So, if someone had a idea for the show that really shouldn't be missed, what is the best way to get the idea in?

I haven't got a fabulous idea, but I thought I'd put it out there =]

The best thing to do is probably email. Scott gets loads but they're easier to go through than the texts where we get thousands as the show is going on and it might get missed.

Feel free to come up with loads of amazing ideas and pass them our way!

Timmy Trendy lyrics were by Beccy and me.

SMTM was a mixture of me, a rather brilliant guy called Desmond O'Connor, and Paul Christie - one of our listeners (he wrote My Pinot Grigio).

I'd love to do more with Joe - he's a top bloke and horribly talented! - maybe the movie is next!

Well, you all did a jolly good job. Sure once Joe's finished his studies, he'll be v successful indeed.

You haven't wished me a Happy B-day yet! *has diva strop*. There is a thread!;)

How long did you do hospital radio for TOTDS, and what did you do after...other stations/uni?

I did Hospital Radio for ages actually. It's a great place to start.

After that I worked for free answering phones and doing whatever anyone wanted me to do at my BBC local station. It's really a case of getting a foot in the door and persuading people to give you a chance! You end up doing loads of weird stuff, working 7 days a week, and not earning ANY money but that hopefully sorts out whether you want it bad enough!

I did Hospital Radio for ages actually. It's a great place to start.

After that I worked for free answering phones and doing whatever anyone wanted me to do at my BBC local station. It's really a case of getting a foot in the door and persuading people to give you a chance! You end up doing loads of weird stuff, working 7 days a week, and not earning ANY money but that hopefully sorts out whether you want it bad enough!

Good for you following your dream :)

And now you are working as one of the top radio producers, well looking at how big radio1 is, one of the top radio producers in the world!

Y4Ar5.png